ONE

I walk into my dorm and throw my bags on the floor. "Another boring day of school." I feel my phone buzz in my pockets and I unlock it. 1 new text message.
Warren🔭: hello! How are you? I'm bored so I thought we could hang out?
You: I'd love to warren but I've got homework. I've got to take a picture for the everyday heroes contest. And I've got history to do. Maybe another night? We can watch a movie and order pizza or something.
Warren🔭: yea, okay, cool!
I turn off my phone and look at the 4 pictures I was thinking of entering. The first picture was of a bird you caught flying on some berries. Another one was me staring at the landscape and blurring me out while it focuses on the nature and landscape. Another one was a close up shot of a butterfly coming out of a cocoon. And the last one was of the cars zooming past creating a light painting. I look at all of them.
"I don't like any of them!" I say to myself.
You: hey Kate! Could you please help me pick out a photo for the everyday heroes contest, I can't decide. Xx
After about a minute of waiting Kate finally responds.
Kate🌎💞: yea of course! I'll be there in a minute. Just gotta finish my tea. Xx
You: okay! Come by and knock anytime. Xx
I wait for about 5 minutes still trying to decide my favourite. I didn't like any of them so I called Kate for a second review. I finally heard a knock on the door. I ran over to open the door and see Kate holding 2 bags of popcorn and a film.
"Kate, I only need your second opinion on my pictures," I say and chuckle.
"Yea I know.. But I was so bored so y'know," she says.
"Can we invite warren as well then? Because I kind of turned him down earlier as I said I had homework to do," I explain.
"Of course! Let's do your pictures first and then we'll call him," Kate says with a smile.
"Awesome!" I say and smile. I grab my photos and show Kate.
"These are all so cool! It's so difficult to decide. But I would have to say either the bird or the the butterfly. I'm leaning more towards the butterfly but it's totally up to you," Kate says to me.
"Hmmmm, I'll go for the butterfly one, thank you Kate! Just what I needed!" I say and smile.
"Alrighty! Do you wanna call warren while I get this stuff sorted?" She asks.
"Sure, I'll call him right now," I say and pick up my phone and call him.
"Hello?"
"Warren hey!"
"Hey y/n! What's going on?"
"Well Kate surprised me with a movie night after I told her to help me with one of my photos. So you want to come over and watch movies with us?"
"Sure I'm on my way. I'll bring some bread and Nutella. I'm craving Nutella on toast,"
I chuckle, "alright, see ya then," I hang up the phone.
"He's on his way Kate!" I shout to her. She seems out of it. Like in a daydream. "Hello? Kate?" You say and walk up to her and you shake her a bit.
"Huh? Oh sorry, daydreaming," she says and weakly smiles.
"Kate what's wrong?" I ask. "Come on, tell me"
"Well... It's about... Victoria," she says. I pull a disgust face at her name.
"Oh her? What she done now? Need me to go there and speak to her?" I ask.
"No! Please don't," she quickly says. "She's just being a bitc......Bother like normal."
"Ignore her. She's horrible and rude. She doesn't care for anyone but herself. Keep your head held high even though it's hard. Your my best friend and if she hurts you, I will not stand for it," I say to her and grab her hands.
She smiles a huge smile. "Thank you, I really appreciate that," she says with a smile. A little later you hear a knock on the door. I run to the door and open it to see warren.
"Come on in warren!" I say and smile and gesture him in. He walks on in and goes and makes himself some toast.

Warren went back to his dork after a few hours and Kate stayed the night. It became an awesome night.
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock flashing 7am. "Ughhh," I groan. I look down at the little sofa bed in the corner and see Kate still asleep.
"Kate, come on, wake up, we've gotta get ready for school," I whisper to Kate. She yawns and wakes up.
"Oh fun, we have photography most of the day and that means more harassment from Victoria. Just what I need," Kate says and sighs.
"I'll move next to you! Then I can stop the torment," I say and smile.
"That's if mr Jefferson let's you. You know what he's like," she says. I nod.
"True. Worth a shot though," I say.
"Yea, but I feel like he's isolating me from everybody. It's strange," she explains.
"Oh well. Shall we gather your stuff and put it back into your dorm?" I ask her.
"Yep!" She says with a smile. Me and Kate gather everything of hers. We walk out my dorm only to see Victoria talking to someone.
"Great," Kate mumbles.
"Don't worry, I'll be here," you say and smile. She nods and we carry on walking down to her dorm. Victoria notices you and Kate and walks over to you guys.
"Oh look who it is," Victoria starts off.
"Not now Victoria please," I say and grab Kate's arm and walk faster towards her dorm. She opens the door quickly and we walk in and shut the door.
"Alrighty, now I must blast. See you in photography!" I say and smile.
"See ya!" Kate says back. I open her door and walk out and shut it. I slowly look left and right, trying not to be spotted by Victoria or anybody. I start walking down back to my dorm quickly so they wouldn't try to talk to me. I eventually made it and sigh.
"No one tried to talk to me, thank the Lord," I mutter to myself. I put my hair up in a messy bun with 2 strands of hair around the front. I go to put on some mascara and lipstick. I walk to my wardrobe and grab black skinny jeans, a blue top and a black jacket. I grab my bag and fling it over my shoulder.
I walk outside my dorm and walk past Victoria and Nathan. Victoria was obviously chatting shit about me, I mean that's all she ever does but Nathan, was just, staring. 'Alright, avoid all eye contact, no looking' I think to myself. I avoid eye contact, something then fell with a bang and I turn to see what it is. I look back round and see Nathan staring at me again, this time with a smirk. I weakly smile back and walk out the girls dorm. I sigh and walk to the school, where Kate and warren should be.