Chapter 25- aftermath

Derek's pov

Hearing the sound of the gun go off, to then see my own mate laying in a pool of her own blood. My heart stop beating as my wolf took full control, he ran at Zara claws out wanting her blood. He jumps on Zara clawing at her skin, biting at any part of her body he could. No one dares try to stop me knowing my wolf is in control, they all focus on my mate.

My whole mind had gone blank letting my wolf control myself, even after Zara was ripped to shreds he was hungry for more blood. Yet I knew I had to gain control to be by my mate, so we jump out the window going for a run to calm down. Yet not liking that I had left my mates side when she needs me the most, yet knowing I was at a lost battle with myself.

After hours of running and killing animals to help cue the blood thirst, I was now by my mates side. Seeing Kate laying here like this kills every fibre within my body, all I wanted was to see her loving eyes look into my own.

The doctors have said she was lucky the bullet just missed her organs, it had hit just below her kidney. Which means if it had hit her kidney the side effects would be much worse, she may have not made it this far.

My only hope now is that within a few days Kate will wake up, once the silver is complete out of her blood.

As I stay by her bedside the only people I allow in is her brother and father, my sister comes by sometimes to see how I'm doing. I don't want to leave her side, I want to be here when she wakes up.

As the time ticks by seconds turn to minutes, minutes turns to hours, I can't help feel the hole in my heart grow. All I want to do is hold my mate, tell her how much I love her.

Lee's pov

Seeing my twin sister been shot is not something any brother should have to see, my whole heart stopped at the sight in front of me. Within seconds Derek's wolf was in control ripping Zara to pieces, that's when I knew I had to get Kate out of here and to the hospital.

Me been the prince and my sister the princess, not one person could go against our word. I knew right now time is not something we had, so getting Kate to the hospital and in surgery had to be done quickly.

Derek beta James made sure that all doctors was there right away, once they took Kate into surgery. All I could do was pray to the moon goddess that my sister woke up, I wouldn't know what to do if I lost her.

Leanna had got in touch with my father to let him know about Kate, while I stayed outside the surgery room.

After what felt like days one of the doctors came out, I asked him questions about Kate. All I got that she will be fine in a few days, the bullet missed her kidney by only an inch.

Knowing that my sister had made it through the surgery, I go changed and make sure everything is taking care off. Me and James will have to run the pack until Derek pulls himself together, yet knowing him it won't be till Kate wakes up.

"Hey man how's it going" James asked walking into Derek's office.

"Not much just wish Kate would wake up it's been days now" I couldn't help but feel down, I missed seeing my sisters bright smile.

"Mmm about that Derek as asked me to come get you, he says it's important" James says looking anyway but my eyes.

Getting up from my seat I make my way outside, walking towards the hospital which is the next building by the pack house. Going inside I find where I need to be, yet before walking inside I see my father.

Going over towards him I take a seat next to him, making him look my way.

"Hey, what's up" I ask him

"I should of been here, all this could of been stopped" he says place his face in his hands.

"Dad you can't blame yourself, this is all mums doing. She set all this up, she turned on her own daughter. Not you, all you have ever done is shower her with love. You was the best you could of been, now stop blaming yourself as Kate wouldn't want that." I gave him a tight father hug, yet pulling away a soon after when we hear someone speaks.

"To right I wouldn't want you blaming yourself" came that sweet voice of my twin.

I jump up from my seat not believing my own eyes, I even had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

The next thing you know I'm hugging my twin sister, yet been careful of her injuries.