Simula

A/N: The content in this chapter may potentially evoke thoughts and emotions related to trauma⚠️

I JOLTED awake, gasping for breath, my body drenched in cold sweat. Tremors ran through my hand, and my heart pounded relentlessly in my chest.

Mga masasamang ala-ala na ayaw akong lubayan, nanatiling bumabagabag sa aking pagtulog.

"Bawal pahina hina dito babae!" the goon shouted at me. I am to weak to even stand and walk. They forced me to move big blocks of ice. Sobrang lamig nakakadag-dag sa aking panghihina.

''Hindi ko na po kaya—parang awa niyo na po," I pleaded. Napaluhod ako. Wala ng luhang lumalabas sa aking mga mata naubos na sa aking walang katapusang pagiyak.

"Ano!? Hindi pwede! bawal ka magpahinga, walang kwenta!" he shouted, his voice filled with rage and contempt. In a swift and brutal motion, he unleashed a forceful kick directly to my vulnerable abdomen. The impact was devastating, sending waves of excruciating pain coursing through my body. I felt my consciousness slip away, like a flickering flame extinguished in an instant.

As the searing pain consumed me, my vision blurred and sounds faded into the background. Umikot ang paningin ko at unti unting binalot ng dilim...

Sa mga nakalipas na linggo na natili ako sa ospital, iyon ang patuloy na bumabalot sa aking mga panaginip kung pa'no ako sinaktan.

The images and sensations were etched deep within me, leaving scars that seemed impossible to heal. I couldn't shake the memories of the physical and emotional torment they had inflicted upon me. The pain they had caused still haunted me, invading even my moments of sleep. Parang wala akong takas, kahit nakadilat o nakapikit sinusundan nila ako.

The damage they had done to me was irreparable. They had not only hurt me physically but also wounded the very essence of who I was. The scars ran deep, affecting my sense of self and my ability to trust.

Yet, despite the darkness, a glimmer of light shone through. I considered myself fortunate because, in my darkest hour, someone had come to my rescue, extending a helping hand to pull me from the clutches of those who had hurt me. Sa aking puso, malaki ang pasasalamat ko sa babaeng tumulong sa'kin, dumating siya noong panahon na pasuko na ako. If our paths crossed again someday, I would make sure na tatanawin ko na utang na loob ang ginawa niyang tulong at sa lahat ng paraan na kaya kong gantihan siya nh kabutihan ay gagawin ko.

The curtain, which served as a partition between each patient in the ward department where I was confined, was pulled back, and a female nurse emerged from behind it,"Good Morning, Luceene, kumusta?" The nurse greeted me.

"Masamang panaginip nanaman, ayaw pa din nila akong tigilan," I replied, watching the nurse clean my wounds.

Hindi ko maramdaman ang sakit sa bawat dampi niya sa aking sugat dahil sobrang gaan ng kamay nito. It seemed like she knew every step of the process by heart. Sa bawat pagkilos niya ay mahahalata ang pagiging natural na maalaga nito.

The nurse taking care of me was Xia, the only person I truly trusted. Xia had been my caregiver while I was confined in a public hospital in an unknown location. Although I had no clear information in my mind, I had no interest in knowing the exact location because, at present, I had no knowledge or clues about it.

Tinuring ko si Xia na kaibigan. She is kind to me, always taking care of me and bringing me food when she wasn't busy with her duties at the hospital.

"Naiintindihan ko na nababagabag ka pa din, pero wag kang magalala hindi ka na nila magagalaw," Xia reassured me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I smiled at her assurance, feeling somewhat safe. "May naaalala ka na ba?" Xia asked, concerned.