If Only This is Not the End

Finale

If only this is not the end...

If only this means the beginning for us.

***

When he had arrived, he quickened her steps to the place Joy was hanging at. It didn't take a while to see her.

She is gorgeous even with all those celebrities surrounding her.

Her hair was nicely tucked in between her ears as it was let down to expose her collarbones.

She seemed normal and fine unlike the desperate tone that she had used on him before.

Maybe it wasn't that bad. She was mingling around and looking genuinely happy to be getting the award.

She had always managed to take his breath away somehow. He was about to approach her when Gong Yoo sunbaenim stopped him in his tracks.

"Sungjae ah..."He fidgeted. Not now.

It felt like everyone is stopping them to interact. Like it was forbidden.

"Oh hyung."

They chatted for a while when he finally let him go. Whispering in his ears... "I'm not dumb" when he pushed Sungjae towards Joy direction. "It was really obvious Yook Sungjae, try to cover it up more. Just in case you need it." Gong Yoo gave his car keys to Sungjae.

Sungjae nodded in understanding as he quickly swoops in to take the alcoholic drink she was about to grab for herself.

She turned to look at him. She was smiling so wide but her eyes were broken.

She looked fine but at that moment when he was close to her. He knew, he just knew.. this Park Sooyoung has been through hell and still is going through it.

What the hell has gone wrong with her?

She looked so done with life.

He felt his fingers curled into a fist.

"Let's get out from here."

He wrapped his coat around her bareback as he walked in front and she followed him from the back with a small distance. Surprisingly, her manager who noticed this let them be.

They were in Gong Yoo's car, she was silent and so was he.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere... anywhere. Just anywhere without the spotlight."

He used the highway, he thinks it's the safest there.

"Oppa... Is your career worth it?"

Sungjae sneaks a glance at her side profile. She was spacing out. Her gaze fell to the dark sky as if she wanted to be among the stars.

"It depends."

"I'm so tired."

"You can sleep."

"Can i?"

He nodded reassuringly.

"But I can't."

He looked at her in concern and noticed her eyebags that were hidden beneath her make up.

"I guess I'm too pressured with everything. You know how perfectionist I am right."

Sungjae didn't think it was wise to keep driving so he just pulled over at the Han River bridge.

"Oppa do you think I'm desperate for finding you like this?"

He was about to protest when she talked first.. "I am desperate though. I want to get out and breathe but I cannot. I'm so scared of people eyes. It is even scary without the members and I'm getting so many individual schedules I feel guilty to say anything to them. I just feel lonely and I thought you will know since you have been in this stage too."