V

Zane had been observing the rest of his teammates, the guilt which he shared with them was hard to deal with, especially Jay. Jay, the man had proved to be a total enigma to his servers, very chipper and happy when in other people's presence but when he thought nobody was looking his eyes would show a glint of pain and utter helplessness. It was concerning.

Following his instinct - or programming, at this point he learned to not question it - he had started to investigate and analyze his behavior. Though, any time he was even close to shedding light onto even a bit of the mystery Jay would dance around the issue or cover the crack with both glitter and tape.

It was utterly frustrating but he learned to not push the mechanic if things got too raw. He had discussed this with Kai, not understanding if it was just him over-analyzing and the fire user had reassured him that was how Jay had always been. Strangely, that never reassured him.

There was something going on and he was going to find out.

________________________________

The thumping lights of the club aggravated Jay's head and the loud music made his head throb, he massaged the back of his neck in pain before just sucking it up. They flashed their ID at the bodyguards who let them pass without any issues.

Lloyd walked at the front, joking around with Cole, Nya and Zane while he trailed behind with a light grin, Kai was right next to him, looking alert. Jay jabs an elbow into his shoulder. "Hey, what's got your panties in a twist?" He teased, unconsciously getting equally as conscious in the large, crowded building.

"Nothing much, just looking for the cute ladies." He shrugged, nonchalant. The fire ninja also spread a fake smile on his face in which they both recognized. Jay drops his and Kai follows suit with a sigh and a frown, his eyes now showed how torn he was.

"What's going on man?" Jay asked, finally getting to the casual area which was relatively quieter. They both noticeably relaxed their postures, the others split off into pairs to mingle and they made their way to the bar in the corner of the room.

"Skylar and I have been in a bit of a tough patch in our relationship and I have no idea how to fix it." Kai explains with a crestfallen expression while sitting down on a stool, his shoulders slumping down as he massaged the bridge of his nose. Jay slid into his own chair and put up a finger and leaned over to the bartender who seemed to just be wiping down a shot-glass.

"Hey, can I get two fireballs please?" He requests, they hurried to pour both men the drinks. "Thanks." He says and gives him a couple of bucks, he slides one of the fireballs over to the fire ninja who grabs it and glances up, giving him a nod in appreciation.

Jay picks up his own drink and holds it up. "To dating." He cheered, Kai let out a small smile and they touch glasses before taking a large sip. "So, what's she pissed about?" Kai seemed surprised at the assumption before sadly smiling, right on the nose.

"She's angry I haven't been spending a lot of time with her recently with all the training and working on my bike after what happened. We had an argument a few days ago." After the explanation he sipped the fireball between his rough fingertips again.

"I can't really give you much advice besides the fact that you gotta let her be angry. An angry woman is the equivalent to being surrounded by hungry sharks and you would be better off with the sharks. You can do what you feel is needed, after all I don't know Skylar as well as you do." Jay advised, taking a sip of his own drink after his statement, shrugging his shoulders.

"I mean, I guess I'll let her blow off steam for a few more days before going back to talk about it. I mean, she does realize she could go over to the Bounty when we're here, right?" Kai questioned, his expression showing frustrated disbelief. "True."