5. House of Findings

Eddie and Patricia have been sitting in silence for the past 10 minutes. Eddie was suppose to be trying to get sleep, but he couldn't. He had one question that he wanted to ask Patricia ever since they broke it off but never did. "Why'd you say no?"

Patricia was shocked when he asked this question. She was going off the assumption that they weren't going to talk about it, ever. "I told you. We were too young," Patricia states.

"Yeah, but you still wouldn't have said yes if I asked you now," Eddie admitted what he was denying for so long.

"No," Patricia whispers.

"See that's what I thought!" Eddie started to get angry. "If that's how you felt then you shouldn't have made up some lie about us being too young." Patricia closed her eyes and slowly breathed to calm herself down. "I'm sorry," Eddie shook his head after realizing how stupid he was for getting mad about something that happened years ago.

"It's ok Eddie," Patricia says softly.

"It was because the proposal was to extravagant wasn't it?" Eddie asked. He started remembering how he proposed. Patricia and Eddie were on the balcony of their hotel room at a party. There were fireworks and Eddie paid for one of the sets to spell Yacker. After Patricia saw the fireworks she turned to Eddie who was on bended knee with a crystal ring in his hand. Patricia was shocked and overwhelmed that was only part of the reason why she said no.

"Get some sleep, Eddie," Patricia responded effortlessly.

...

"So Rufus," Rufus huffed.

"What?"

"When are we going to the gatehouse?" Nina asks hoping to get the same mental breakdown as before.

"I'm not going to crack again," Rufus grunts.

Nina rolls her eyes then came up with something, "Come on who am I gonna tell?" Nina had no idea sibuna was planning on saving her. She just had a feeling that she would be safe.

"Friday."

Friday. Two days from now Rufus was planning on taking Nina to the afterlife with him.

...

"I was tired of your lame excuses. I thought you were seeing someone else so I decided to follow you," Eddie started to remember back to Junior year.

"So romantic," Alfie said.

"So stalky," Patricia responded.

"Hey, I'm pretty regular compared to most things going on around here," Eddie fired back.

"Well you still haven't told us how you ended up in here," Patricia said. They were in the creepy old red barn.

"The Barn! The Barn! The Barn!" Eddie shouts waking up. This caused Patricia to jump up from Fabian's bed that she was laying in.

"Eddie what?" she asked walking over to him.

"Remember junior year when Rufus took Jerome, you guys went to save him and I followed you?" Patricia nodded as she listened closely. "I think that's where she is."

"Alright! Nice job Weasel!" Patricia jumps with excitement. Eddie smiles at his nickname.

"Alright, well, let's go!" Eddie says hopping out of his bed, but soon stumbling and falling back onto the bed.

"You're not going anywhere," Patricia insisted. "I'll text Fabian and let him know."

"Ok," Eddie sighs. He hates the fact that he can't do anything, but he's been feeling better from being here again. For some reason this life threatening stuff gives him the fulfillment he needs in life.

...

'Buzzz, Buzzz,' Fabian's phone rings. He picks it up. It was Patricia explaining where they thought Nina was. "Who was that?" Joy asks after Fabs hangs up.

"Patricia, she said they might have figured out where Nina is come on let's go."

...

"Do you see him?" Joy asks Fabian. They were hiding behind the bushes that were only a few feet away from where Nina was supposed to be.

"No, I'm going in," Fabian says jumping over the bushes.

"Wait, I'm coming with you!" Joy whisper shouts running after him.

They make it to the door which of course had a million locks on it. "This is definitely the place," Fabian whispers.

"Yeah, but how are we going to get in?" Joy sighs.

"Uhhh," Fabian looks around for something he could use to pick the lock. "Do you have a bobby pin?"

"Yeah?" Joys says confused pulling the pin out of her hair.

"Eddie taught me this a while back," Fabian responds bending down to start picking the first lock. "Can you keep watch?" Joy nods turning around to watch out for Rufus. "We're in!" Fabian turns to Joy and whispers excitedly. Joy jumps in delight. "I'm going in." The door creaks open.

"Ahhhhh," Fabian hears as he is being charged at. Nina stops once she realizes who it is. "Fabian!" she shouts with excitement wrapping her arms around him. Fabian smiled a genuine smile and pulled her in tight. Finally, he let go.

"We came to save you!" Fabian shouts with passion.

"Oh, Fabian I can't go with you," they were holding each other's arms.

"What why?" Fabian asks confused. Why would she want to stay?

"He'll know where I've gone," Nina exclaims. "But come friday at the gatehouse,"

"Ok."

"Now go," Nina shoes Fabian away.

...

Joy and Fabian run into Eddie's room later that day when they got back. "Well, did you find her?" Eddie asks while everyone else jolts up.

"Yes, we did," Fabian answers.

"Well, where is she?" Patricia asks.

"She's still there," Fabian responds.

"What?" Amber starts charging towards them. "How could you just leave her there?"

"She told us to Amber," Joy defends Fabian.

"Why would she do that?" Amber questions.

"Because she knew that Rufus would know we took her."

"So, how are we going to get her back?" Eddie asks.

"Friday at the gatehouse."

"Ok, friday at the gatehouse is when we save Nina," Eddie says placing his hand over his right eye. The rest of them follow. "Sibuna!" they all shout.