Chapter 23

Liam, Mason and Tessa were going to a club. Mason had an inside person who would let them in. Tessa was excited. She needed a break from all the supernatural drama going on in their lives.

Apparently, Liam wasn't quite as excited. He was too wrapped up in everything going on in the supernatural world. Tessa was just trying to forget about the supernatural for a second and have fun.

"Can you put your phone away for five minutes?" Mason asked Liam as the latter almost ran into a lamp post while looking down at his phone.

"Yeah, Li, Scott can howl if he needs you," Tessa told him.

"I just feel like I should be doing something," Liam said.

"You are," Mason stood in front of him. "You're my wingman tonight. And considering the state of my dating life, I need a wingman, co-pilot and a really hot flight attendant."

Tessa chuckled.

"Well, I'm definitely not your hot flight attendant," Liam said.

Tessa scoffed, punching his arm jokingly. "Of course not. That's me, idiot."

Liam rolled his eyes but Mason just nodded. "Exactly."

Tessa smiled. She didn't actually expect him to agree with her.

"Okay, our choices are limited, but at least here you can get drunk," Mason pointed out.

The back door of the club opened and Liam and Tessa froze as a familiar face greeted them with a scowl.

"I said I'd let you in. Not them," Hayden scowled at Mason.

"You said I could have a plus one," Mason argued.

"Not that I'm complaining, but I'm pretty sure we count as two. Either Mason needs to retake basic math or we've somehow merged into the same person without either of us noticing," Tessa muttered to Liam.

Liam just rolled his eyes.

"There's two of them and I didn't say plus Liam or Tessa."

"Lovely to see you too, Hayden," Tessa rolled her eyes. "You're welcome for trying to save your life at school the other day."

Hayden ignored her.

"Well, they're basically one person, like a package deal, you know? Most people mistake them for twins. And plus—"

"We're his flight attendants," Liam spoke up.

Tessa facepalmed.

"What?" Hayden asked, confused.

"Wingman," Tessa corrected, "and woman."

"Forget it, I don't have to go. Just let Tessa in, I'll go home."

"No, no, you're coming," Mason grabbed Liam as he tried to walk away. "Okay, how about, me, them..." Mason pulled money out of his pocket, "plus fifty?"

Hayden snatched the money angrily and stepped aside. "Welcome to Sinema."

Mason smiled as Liam and Tessa followed him inside.

"Wow," Tessa gasped.

Mason gripped her arm excitedly while Liam looked unimpressed. Tessa looked around at the crowded club. This was going to be fun.

Liam let out a deep breath. "We don't look old enough to be here."

She sighed. Buzkill.

"Neither does he," Mason gestured towards the back wall.

Tessa's mouth fell open. Brett Talbot was there, dancing on a random girl.