| chapter eight |

' she wanted to do so many
wild things to them '

"BUT IF YOU WERE ASSURED SHE COULD REMAIN sealed from the human world? " Edward asked, stepping forward as a smirk graced his lips

"BUT IF YOU WERE ASSURED SHE COULD REMAIN sealed from the human world? " Edward asked, stepping forward as a smirk graced his lips. "Can we live in peace?" Brooke glanced back at him with furrowed brows, confused as to what he was thinking.

"Of course, but that cannot be known." Caius scoffed.

"Actually, it can." Two pairs of footsteps could be heard across the field, their tanned bodies decorated in brown articles of clothing that made them look like the amazons. The male and female walked across the cold winter air with minimum items of clothing on, proving that they weren't human at all. Picking up on the slow heartbeat of the male, a large grin spread across Brooke's face as she realised what he was.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own, among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil," Alice stated as the two stood behind her.

"We have enough witnesses-" Caius was cut off by his brother, Aro.

"Let him speak, brother." His brother glared at him, flabbergasted.

"I am half-human, half-vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen, raised me as her own. I made her immortal." The male explained.

"How old are you?" came the voice of Bella.

"150 years." The hybrid said as he looked back at Bella.

"At what she did you reach maturity?" Aro asked, intrigued.

"I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then." Isabella felt relief flood her as she stared back at her daughter, a hopeful smile on her face.

"And your diet?" he continued asking.

"Blood, human food, I can survive on either."

"These children are much like us," came a hoarded wise voice of the third king, Marcus Volturi.

"Regardless, the Cullen's have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies." Caius glared and Brooke wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face.

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight. Today." Aro said. Brooke glanced at her mates one last time as they sent her a silent message with only their eyes before taking off, following Caius, leaving back to Italy.

"Such a prize," Aro whispered as he looked between Alice, Bella, and Brooke. The latter glared at him as he left, raising her middle finger high in the sky. Edward nudged her as he motioned down at his child. The blonde smiled sheepishly.

"We have them on the run, now is the time to attack," Vladimir said as he and his brother walked forward.

"Not today," Carlisle said, gently. The two brothers looked at the blonde, hoping she would side with them.

"I promised only if they attacked." The brothers snarled.

"You are all fools. The Volturi might be gone but they will never forgive what happens here." The group all laughed shrugging it off, relieved it didn't come down to a battle today. Brooke looked back towards the forest where her mates had just taken off. Oh, how she was going to miss them.

"Go for them," Edward spoke up, reading his best friend's thoughts. He had a gentle smile on his face. Brooke felt a broad grin spread across her face as she rushed into his arms, wrapping her arms around him. She let go soon and bent down to kiss Renesmee's cheek before unclasping her necklace and handing it to her.

"Keep this. So you'll never forget about me." Brooke said. The child smiled as she looked at the galaxy colourized jewel necklace in her hands. The blonde hugged her goodbye before telling everyone she would visit soon. She hugged everybody before returning back in front of her best friend, sad smiles on both their faces because no matter how bad Edward wanted Brooke to stay, he knew that she needed her mates just as much as they needed her.

"Edward, You aren't simply a good friend, you have become part of my soul." The blonde started as she wrapped her arms around his cold body. "When life became a storm you were the boat that kept the briny water from entering my lungs. You were love I needed and I thank you with all that I am," she said, tears brimming her eyes yet they could not fall. Edward's eyes glossed over.

"Brooke," she shushed, a slight chuckle escaping his lips.

"Just let me finish." The blonde mumbled, her vision fogging up with tears. "This storm isn't over; the winds rage, seek to crush what they can never be. I have to know my own strength, test it, find truth and liberty, to realize that there is no prison that can hold me. Only then will I know that I am doing what I choose to do, that my own love is a choice, a gift to give. It is time, my friend, for me to walk alone as I always knew I must; yet a part of my light stays with you, as part of yours leaves with me, for we are kindred as I told you, twin souls. I will return, and sooner than you fear, with new strength to my legs, to my bones, strong enough to carry you. Heaven and prison can't be the same thing, my love, and we'll keep on looking, together." Brooke pressed a kiss to his cheek, a warm smile on both of their faces.

"I love you. More than anything in this whole world. You are my everything and I shall wait until you return. But for now, good luck, my best friend."