| chapter five |

' she could never be able to see them with anyone else '

THE WIND WHISPERED AS THE LAST SNOWFLAKE fell to the ground, welcomed by its family

THE WIND WHISPERED AS THE LAST SNOWFLAKE fell to the ground, welcomed by its family. Brooke stood with her power reeking off of her. She felt a new fire of determination ignite within her chest, the magic within her pulsing in her veins. The Cullen's and their witnesses all stood together, united. The blonde vampire stood behind the new couple and their hybrid baby. She was ready to kill if harm came to anyone. She would not hesitate to do anything if it meant protecting her family.

"The Redcoats are coming." Brooke could hear the mumbles of Kate's mate, Garret as he stood by the Denali's. "The Redcoats are coming." He repeated once the whole group could hear the sound of footsteps. Brooke's eyes narrowed as she balled her hands into fists.

As a huge group of vampires in black coats sped forward, they raised their arms to their hoods, pushing it back. Brooke realised that the front row of vampires were the strongest ones. The kings and their guards. Other then they, the rest were either standard guards or witnesses. A smirk graced Brooke's features as she heard the howls and growls of the shifters as they emerged from the forest. They walked forward menacingly, standing by the sides of the Cullen's and their friends. The Volturi looked at them in shock, mutters flooding their side of the area.

As Carlisle stepped forward, taking the lead, Brooke could feel the voice in her head whisper for the blonde to kill the group of vampires in front of her. They reeked of evil, and the colour of her eyes darkened as she could feel her powers at the tip of her fingers.

"Aro, let us discuss things like we used to. In a civilized matter." Carlisle started as he looked at his old friend, hoping that this would not end in a battle. He wasn't ready to risk his families lives, but if it were to happen, he wouldn't hesitate to kill.

"Fair words, Carlisle, but a little out of place given the battalion you assembled against us," Aro said, looking at the group, scanning their abilities, wondering who had a gift and who didn't.

"I can promise you, that was not my intention. No laws have been broken," he said as Isabella brought Renesmee closer to her, wrapping her in her protective embrace. Brooke took a step forward, so she was just a few feet behind Renesmee.

"We see the child, do not treats us as fools." The idiotic hotheaded leader, Caius exclaimed, angered.

"She is not an immortal," Carlie's yelled, addressing everyone. "These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. The flesh of human blood in her cheek," he stated as he pointed at his granddaughter.

"Artifice," Caius growled but stopped when Aro raised a hand. It seemed to Brooke that Aro had full control of the coven. It wasn't equal.

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward." Brooke felt her fangs extend as she held back a growl, her eyes blaring with anger. "As the child clings to your newborn mate. I assume you are involved." Edward begins to walk forward, and as he did, Brooke took a step forward, ready to stand by his side when she was stopped by Edward himself. He glanced back her, shaking his head before he continued, his head held high. He could read the intentions of the kings using his gift of reading mind.

Brooke clenched her jaw in anger, but she was on guard, ready to quickly kill Aro and pull Edward back to rescue in a split second. Glancing to the left, Brooke could see Isabella using her gift to shield to protect Edward, but the more he walked forward, the less effective it became. Realising that it failed, Bella looked back at Ophelia and nodded. The blonde tapped into her powers and placed a shield around him. A tiny smirk tugged onto Edward's face as he knew that he could always count on his best friend to protect him. The smile quickly disappeared once he reached Aro and held out his hand, allowing access into his mind.

Brooke's eyes turned a dark navy blue with flecks of purple within them as she used her powers. She also began to scan the Volturi crowd when she made eye contact with a deep pair of crimson coloured eyes. Her focus snapped as she let out a silent gasp, feeling a pull towards the blonde vampire that looked like a child.

Jane Volturi.

Brooke felt her whole world rock over, surprised and shocked. Her mate was in the Volturi but what shocked her more was when her eyes moved onto another pair of identical crimson eyes. She felt another pull towards the tall brown haired vampire.

Alec Volturi.

Brooke felt her eyes widen as she realised who she was mates with. The witch twins. The most feared vampires, after her that was.