Chapter 1

Usually when their is a substitute teacher, in this case fresh from teachers college, they should be lenient and nice. In this case Ms. Veriann, early twenties, was the most crabbiest woman I have ever met.
I was sitting in math class, daydreaming, half mindedly scribbling down algebraic notes. Stealing a glance at Trina every now and again. When she saw me looking she would make the weirdest, funniest face to get me to laugh. And it worked. Every. Time.
Id burst out giggling, startling the classmates around me.
"Ms. L/n, if you could quiet down that would be lovely!" Ms. Veriann would yell.
      I'm not usually a disruptive student, but it being so close to summer (a week before break), a class with one of the best friends, and a substitute was a recipe for disaster.
       Nothing escalated much untill Trina had the brilliant idea to throw a paper airplane at me during silent study time (exams were soon, but because of our grades, mine an 86 Trinas a 84, we were being exempted from it), that the consequences really soared. As in detention.
    Ms. Veriann gave Trina and I our first detentions.
    I walked down the empty hallway, sliding a hand carelessly over the lockers. Trina beside me. Our footsteps echoing. We passed by the odd straggler teen, they gave us weird looks. Derry District High School gave after school detentions.
      "Well," Trina sighed as we approached the door that led to the detention room, "Here we go. Two hardened criminals about to do some jail time,"
     I gave a small giggle.
     "Shut up this is supposed to be a punishment," I hissed, turning the handle we stepped into the classroom.
     I dont know what I expected,  perhaps a room full of actually hardened criminals? My perception of detention wasnt four or five kids sleepily sitting at vandalised desks.
      The teacher cleared his throat and stood up he gripped a clip board in both his hands.
       "Names," he said in a monotone voice.
   One of the kids,  a boy, raised his head, out of the corner of my eye I seen him blink the sleep from his eyes.
   It was Trina that spoke.
   "Trina Nakamura," then she pointed to me," y/n l/n,"
    The teacher took a deep breath.
     " grade 10?"
     "Yep,"
      "Tina sit in the back,"
      "Trina,"
      "What?"
       "My name, its Trina,"
        "I dont care, go sit down,"
      Trina made a face, if translated into words would probably mean "well heck"
      "Y/n, sit beside Criss," the teacher pointed to the front table, the boy that had been sleeping looked at me.
      He had blonde hair, longer on one side and deep brown eyes. He ran a hand through his hair as I sat down. For the next hour i stared down at the etched in designs on the desk, various curse words and the standard genital drawing. I kept sensing someone looking at me, when i turned to see who it was I realized it was the blonde boy beside me.
      After detention was over we all filed out of the room.  Trina ran up beside me as we went to her locker to get our backpacks (I kept mine in her locker since my locker was in the shady locker bay).
      "That boy you sat beside," Trina looked at me giving a wonky wink that was dangerously close to a blink, "He was pretty cute huh?"
       "I guess," I replied swinging my bag over my shoulder.
       "Hes in my science class, pretty quiet kid, didnt think he showed up to school enough to get detention," Trina closed her locker.
     "I think Ive seen him before," I replied as we walked outside of the school.
    "Does Bowers gang ring a bell?" Trina pointed to the end of the parking lot.
    The blonde boy had walked out of the west exit, he gave Henry (I knew Henry from elementary school, he always picked on Benny and I) a bro hug then the two walked into a mud streaked, blue car that already held two other boys.
       We waited for the car to drive past us before we crossed the street. I watched the blonde boy smile at me as he drove by.
                      •••••
    Trina and I walked back to my house, dumped our bags inside the front walkway. And headed to my room, Lola barked in greeting, jumping up on me then on Trina. We gave her a treat in exchange for her silence. We walked into my room. I closed the door as Trina flopped onto my bed.
     She reached under the bed and pulled out a plastic grocery bag of candy. My secret stash.
      I sat in the bean bag chair beside my dresser.
     "What do we do now?" Trina asked around  a mouthful of candy
     "Asher should be  home from school in about 20 minutes, he takes the bus, we could walk Lola or watch that new show thats on tv,"
       "Oooo what show?"
       " I dont really know what its called but i think its a horror show, or just a really freaky show,"
       "Go on," she said eating more of my candy.
      "There this creepy lady and this clown-" I got cut off as Lola began to bark again. "I think my dads home,"
Trina threw the bag of candy under my bed. I blinked slowly as I heard the bag spill. Great. We rush downstairs, sure enough my dad, f/n was setting his travel coffee mug on the counter.
"Dad!" I called as I gave him a hug
"Whats up lil bug?" He asked.
"Detention," Trina said bluntly. Damn I didnt want him to know.
"It was Trinas fault," I said quickly.
He simply sighed.
"Go walk Lola," He said leaving the room. I winced, my dad didnt yell when he was mad.
I grabbed the leash and headed towards Lola. Her eyes widened, for some reason she hated being on a leash. For 10 minutes Trina and I chased her around the house.
"LOLA FOR HECKS SAKES," I yelled as she darted between my legs. I fell backwards. "Oof,"
"Lola come on lets go!" Trina yelled from the other side of the house.
"IM HOME!" Oh no. Thats Asher.
"CLOSE THE DOOR!" Trina and I yelled at the same time darting to the front door. To late.
Lola ran past Asher and out the door. Asher dropped his bag and clapped both hands onto his mouth
"Oh no," he whispered.
"Dont worry Ash we'll get her back," Trina declared running out the door towards the direction Lola ran.
••••••
I must have been looking for an hour. Trina and I had split up about half an hour ago. Dang dog where are you??
"Is this what your looking for?"