trois

trigger warning.
mentions of self harm, depression and suicide

JIMIN.

The four sat around the fire, listening to Namjoon's stories as the rain hit the bridge above them. Jin and Namjoon were wrapped in a blanket, Taehyung say on the floor in front of the couch to get a better feel of the warmth radiating from the blaring fire. Jimin was sat cross legged on the red couch, his arm propped on his knee with his chin in his palm, watching Namjoon contently as he told the group a story.

It had been two days since the boy collapsed on the bridge. Jimin had visited him both days before walking down to the bridge to update the others on the boys condition. In those two days he'd felt more accepted than he'd ever felt in any school or club. The others simply didn't care that he barely spoke or that he messed up awkwardly on occasions.

"We should all visit Hoseok soon. When does his family usually leave?" Jin suggests once Namjoon is fully done with his story. It was one about the time he and his friend got chased a long the beach by wild birds. Jin had heard it before but he knew how much Namjoon enjoyed telling stories to Taehyung and now Jimin.

The question was directed at Jimin but Namjoon answered for him. He understood Jimin's silence and why he didn't like talking so in an effort to make him feel more comfortable, he'd try and answer for him when he could.

"He said they leave early so they can come early the next day. They live quite a while away from the hospital" Namjoon explained to Jin who was now looking at the calendar on his phone. Jin barely got his phone out and upon seeing the smooth black iphone 8, Namjoon's jaw dropped. He sat there and gawked at Jin's phone while Jin checked what date he had things planned.

Those 'things' were visiting his brother in the US for a few weeks. He hadn't seen his brother in a while, nor had he seen his nephew and his sister in law. So, he planned to see them for his brothers birthday. It was a surprise he'd planned with his sister in law actually. She'd told Jin how stressed he'd been with his job and how much he missed being around his younger brother. Jin was going to travel on the eighth and stay for two weeks.

"We could go today" Jimin suggested in his soft tone. Jin eyed Taehyung for a reaction from the boy who simply refused to enter hospitals. The others didn't know why Taehyung wouldn't enter a hospital but they weren't going to force him. Taehyung smiled at Jin letting him know that it was okay -even if it wasn't really.

"Okay, we'll set off later then" Namjoon smiled. His smiled calmed Jimin's nerves. He was afraid he'd get yelled at for his suggestion, much like he usually did in class.

An hour later, Jin, Namjoon and Jimin were in Jin's black suv on the way to the hospital. The boy, who'd they now knew as Hoseok, hadn't woken up yet but the doctors had said he could wake at any time. Hoseok's family had thanked Jimin, Jin and Namjoon for finding him and granted them to see Hoseok whenever. But, the boys still didn't want to intrude on the families time with the boy.

"I hope he wakes up. I want to talk to him" Jin thinks out loud, eyes fixed on the busy read in front of them. Jimin silently agreed by nodding his head 'yes', also wanting to talk to him. He wanted to let him know that he wasnt alone.

[ trigger warning ]

Jimin had very strong thoughts on suicide. It was always something he'd try to prevent. Once upon a time Jimin was way more depressed than he was then. He refused to leave his room, he  self harmed frequently and had tried to kill himself by drowning himself. His parents found his body in the bath tub and sent him straight to the hospital. He was almost fourteen at the time. His parents started caring again for a couple years before inevitably giving into work again. He went to therapy for a while but he hated it. He didn't like the old woman who sat and made notes on him like an experiment and he didn't want to tell her his problems.

Now, Jimin wanted to help. He was depressed still but he still wanted to help. He didn't want people to be like him. People deserve to live, even if their lives aren't perfect in that moment. This was the small voice of optimism that lived inside Jimin's head. It was small but it kept him going.

"Do you think he'll have amnesia?" Jin asks Namjoon who sat in the front, thoughtfully staring into the distance. He snapped from his thoughts to answer Jin's question, looking over at the older whose eyes were solely fixed on the road ahead.

"Probably not. He didn't fall that hard and his head wasn't hurt. He'll be confused and probably very upset when he wake up. We should hope he wakes up with his family and not with a group of total strangers" he said the last sentence in a light hearted manner, trying to lighten the morbid mood.

"Hmm, probably" Jin said in agreement before pressing the radio button. An EXO song began to play out of Jin's car speakers, one that the boys recognised. Namjoon smiled and bobbed his head along while Jimin discreetly mouthed every word perfectly. The song that played was 'Growl' one of his absolute favourites.

"EXO are doing well. It must be amazing to be an idol" Jin mused, turning the song up at little upon noticing the other two enjoying it.

"Probably"

—hey!
thank you again for the support. this is my first book so i didn't expect much.

i updated the cover multiple times, sorry if it causes any confusion.

updates wont be too quick i apologise. school hates me atm :/

anyway thanks again for the support and help

vote+comment+follow

guhbye:)