Chapter 22

We had been at Grimmauld Place for just over two weeks when July 17th rolled around. It was unlike any of my other birthdays I had experienced before. My past 16 birthdays had been spent around my family but today I had none of my family with me, I didn't even know where any of them were. Luckily though, I had Draco with me and I couldn't have asked for a nicer way to wake up.
"Good morning, love." whispered Draco, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Happy birthday."
"Th-thank you, Dray." I smiled, sitting up and stretching before pressing a kiss to Draco's lips.
Buchanan was asleep between us and I gave him a loving stroke as well. We climbed out of bed together and Draco hugged me from behind. I squealed and giggled as he covered my eyes with his hands.
"Allow me."
I let him guide me out of the bedroom and down the stairs into the living room of Number 12, Grimmauld Place, Buchanan following behind us. Sitting me down on the moth-bitten sofa, Draco uncovered my eyes and I gasped. Before us was a pile of gorgeously wrapped presents.
"Go on then!" laughed Draco as I squirmed to get up.
I squealed with excitement and threw myself down on the floor like an excitable child. Lifting up the present closest to me, I looked to Draco for affirmation and he nodded his head. I squeaked and lifted the tag, reading it out loud.

To Ophelia,
Have a lovely birthday!

Love from,

Dray xx

With a wide grin, I pulled the wrapping paper off, revealing a soft, grey jumper. I pulled it out of the wrapping fully and held it up. Buchanan mewed at me in annoyance until I handed him the wrapping paper with a laugh.
"Th-thank you." I smiled, stretching up to kiss Draco who was sat beside me on the floor.
I reached forward for another, this one with different wrapping.
"That one's from Elisa."
I felt my heart flutter. It felt nice to know that my best friend was well enough to send me birthday presents. There were two presents, one thin rectangular present and another small box-shaped one. I pulled the box away from the other present and placed it next to me, pulling the paper off of the larger present. There was a lovely gilded frame surrounding a pencil sketch that Elisa had done of the two of us at school. I smiled as I looked at it. I missed my best friend a lot. A little, handwritten note slipped out of the paper and I lifted it up. Elisa had wished me a happy birthday and told me how much she missed me. I smiled sadly at the note. I missed her too.
"Come and see me, Lee xx" finished the note and I looked up at Draco, showing it to him.
"W-we sh-should go and s-see her s-soon." I said and he nodded, agreeing with me as I lifted up Elisa's second, beautifully wrapped gift.
This one was a small box and even when I pulled off the wrapping I was still none the wiser as to what it could be. As I lifted the lid of the box, I gasped. There was a gorgeous necklace reflecting a snake and a lion wrapped around a peridot and a ruby, denoting me and Elisa, our houses and our birthstones. I lifted it up and asked Draco to clip it around my neck. It hung perfectly at the base of my throat and I gripped it, thinking painfully of Elisa. Knowing that she wouldn't want me to be worrying about her, I lifted the next present from the pile. This was another from Draco. As I carefully pulled back the wrapping paper, I noticed that there were a few different colours of wool and I grinned. Draco knew how much I loved to knit and it meant a lot that he would buy me things such as wool. Showing my immense gratitude, I reached for another present, this one from my twin siblings. It wasn't wrapped as perfectly as the other presents I had opened but I smiled. My siblings had tried their hardest and it was nice to know that they hadn't changed much in the time I had been away. They had bought me a frame with a photo of me and them, our Father stood beside us. It was taken last year in the summer holiday. I smiled widely and showed Draco as my father and siblings waved at us from the frame. Draco smiled down at it, his gaze lingering on my father. We were both filled with immense dread as to where my father could be and what they were doing to him. We were trying not too dwell on it too much but sometimes the silent despair hung over us both.
"Open this one," murmured Draco softly, pointing to one of the presents he had wrapped.
I lifted the present and was surprised by how light it was. It was oddly shaped and I couldn't even begin to guess what it was. As I slowly peeled away the wrapping paper, I gasped as I felt something soft brush my hand. Pulling off the rest of the wrapping paper, I was delighted to see a stuffed Hippogriff in my hands. I squealed and looked over at Draco.
"Wh-where did you f-find some-something like this?" I asked incredulously and Draco chuckled, shaking his head.
"It's a secret."
I pouted, sitting the Hippogriff on my lap and turning to face the remaining two presents, both from Draco.
"Which o-one fir-first?" I asked and Draco seemed to ponder my question for a second before pointing to the present on the left.
While wrapped, both presents look identical as I reached forward to take the leftmost present. It felt heavy but not overly so and I was excited as I pulled off the paper on one side. Even after pulling off the paper, all I was presented with was a thin, square white box. A smile still gracing my features, I lifted the lid off and gasped.
"Draco, it's gor-gorgeous!" I exclaimed as I lifted a dainty bracelet from out of the box.
I looked down at the ring Draco had got me for Christmas as I clasped the serpentine bangle around my left wrist, the same hand that Draco was wearing his watch. Pulling Draco in for a kiss, I spouted gratitude before lifting the final present.
"Now I understand that this may seem very strange," began Draco, gesturing to the gift I was holding. "but I thought that if anyone was going to have it, I would like it to be you. However, it can bring about some feral connotations so I will understand fully if you do not wish to have it."
I stared at Draco.
"Draco, I b-bet I'll l-love it." I smiled reassuringly.
As I unwrapped the present, my heart hammered against my chest, however, I was unsure why. I lifted the lid of the box that my final gift was concealed in and I choked on air as I stared at it. I was unable to issue any coherent noises and I just spluttered as I continued to stare down at the object. There was a ring attached to a bronzing chain that I wrapped around my fingers as I lifted the necklace. The ring bore impressions of what I knew to be black, green and silver, as well as images of several serpentine creatures. The Latin words Sanctimonia Vincet Semper were inscribed on a silver banner and my heart stopped. It was the Malfoy crest.
"P-purity w-will al-always con-conquer."
My voice wavered as Draco looked over at me, worried. I lifted it over my head. It fell just below where my necklace from Elisa sat and I felt them with my hands, assuring myself that they looked perfect next to each other. Draco was still looking at me, immensely unsure of whether he should have given it to me. I turned to face him, leaning into his shoulder.
"I l-love it, th-thank you."
I felt Draco sigh in relief as he kissed the top of my head.
"Happy birthday, babe."
I wrapped my arms around his neck at the pet name and grinned, placing my stuffed Hippogriff on the floor. We sat like that for a second before I looked up at him, kissing him passionately. Buchanan ran out of the room, clearly not wanting to see what was about to unfold. I seemed to have taken him by surprise as his hands jumped to my waist. Climbing onto him, I sat on his lap and crossed my legs, leaning further forward to deepen the kiss. Draco fell backwards, keeping a tight grip on my waist so that I didn't fall off of his lap. Due to our new position, I moved one leg either side of his hips and leaned back, resting my hands on his chest. Draco smirked at me and I hit him lightly.
"Wh-what?" I asked, pouting.
Draco simply shook his head and pulled me in for another kiss, flipping us over in the process. I squealed and giggled from underneath Draco. He leaned forward for another kiss and I happily obliged, snaking my hands around his neck. I felt Draco growl into the kiss and took hold of my hands, holding my wrists above my head. It was getting heated and I must say I was rather enjoying myself but just then my stomach gave a loud rumble. Both Draco and I collapsed into fits of giggles and he rolled off of me.
"Is someone hungry?" asked Draco with a snort and I nodded.
The two of us stood up and headed into the kitchen of Grimmauld Place, I couldn't believe it was already midday. With the sudden realisation that I was allowed to do magic, I pulled my wand from where I had been keeping it in my clothes and waved it at the cupboard, a large bowl soaring out and hitting Draco on the head. I giggled an apology and lifted the bowl.
"C-can we m-make a cake?" I asked.
Draco nodded and reached for his wand but I shook my head.
"The mug-Muggle way!"
Draco chuckled and began to get everything we needed out of their various cupboards. Neither of us had ever baked a cake before but we were sure we'd be okay. Just as I opened the bag of flour, a mischievous thought came to my mind. After pouring some flour into my cupped hand, I crept up behind Draco who was looking out of the window as he cracked eggs into the bowl.
"H-hey, Dray." I said, causing him to turn around.
Just as he turned, I threw the flour down onto the top of his head.
"Why you little-"
I squealed as Draco tried to grab me, running to the other end of the kitchen to avoid him tickling me. On the way, I grabbed another handful of flour and turned to see that Draco had done the same. Draco advanced on me and I tried to run past him but he grabbed me around the waist with one hand and launched flour at the back of my head with the other before proceeding to tickle me mercilessly with both hands, one still covered in flour. My clothes were quickly turned from grey to white with flour as I ducked under Draco's grasp, running to the other end of the kitchen. Draco lifted the whole bag of flour and began pouring some into his hand before I whipped out my wand.
"Accio Flour!"
The bag of flour flew from Draco's surprised grasp and landed in my hand. Quickly stowing my wand back in my clothes, I threw a handful of flour at Draco, earning an equally aggressive handful back. With a squeal I ran over to Draco, jumping onto him. He caught me as I wrapped my legs around his waist and poured the whole bag of flour on his head. Silence fell over the kitchen as Draco stood agape, covered in flour. As I was wrapped around him, the majority of the flour had gone over me as well. Draco suddenly began to shake with laughter and attempted to pull me in for a kiss.
"Ew!" I shouted, wiping my mouth. "I h-hate the ta-taste of fl-flour!"
He chuckled and dropped me to the floor.
"Go and shower, I'll clean up."
Adhering to Draco's suggestion, I headed, covered in flour, out of the kitchen. Once in the bathroom, I took off both of my new necklaces, my new bracelet and my ring and used magic to clean them all before stripping off my clothes and throwing them in the wash. As I turned on the water and stepped into the shower, I made the best attempt I could to wash the flour out of my hair and off of my body, revelling in the water's warmth as it flowed over me. Despite the fact that I had not spent my birthday with my family, it had been a great day. Draco had spoiled me endlessly and I couldn't be more thankful. Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself off and put all of my jewellery back on.
        Once dressed, I headed downstairs and back into the now clean kitchen where Draco was bent over a cake, Buchanan sat next to him on the counter. The two of them seemed to be having a conversation and I grinned at him as he heard me enter.
"S-smells lovely!" I complimented, Draco still covered in flour. "N-now go and sh-shower!"
I pushed Draco lightly towards the doorway and turned to face the cake. With my wand, I iced the cake simply and left it on the side. Hearing Draco run the shower, a thought ran through my head and I smirked. I couldn't believe I was doing this. As quietly as I could, I headed up the stairs and slipped into our bedroom. Crossing the floor to my trunk, I rummaged around inside it until I found what I was looking for. Elisa had bought me lingerie as a joke last year but I had never found a use for it - until now. Slipping it on, I sat down on our bed and waited for Draco to return from his shower. It was emerald green, Slytherin colours, and had a bra that emphasised my breasts drastically. The bottom half consisted of a pair of panties and another piece of fabric that covered my stomach, attaching to black stockings that crept up my legs.
I heard creaking on the floorboards outside our bedroom and I looked myself over. The door handle twitched as Draco pushed the door open. I swallowed and took a deep breath, trying to arrange my long limbs so that it didn't look like I had just fallen onto the bed. Draco wandered in but stopped when he saw me. We both stared at each other. I was wearing nothing but the lingerie Elisa had bought me and Draco had on nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair wet and dripping down onto his shoulders. It seemed as though neither of us could stop staring. But then it all seemed to happen at once. Draco seemed to move across the room in only two strides and was standing over me, his eyes raking hungrily over my body.
"Y-you took your t-time." I whispered, sitting up on my knees.
Draco had no words for what was happening as he too climbed onto the bed, deciding that his towel was unnecessary at this point and throwing it to the floor. I couldn't believe this was really happening. My heart hammered against my chest as I thought about what was happening, as I thought about what had led me here. With every kiss that Draco left on my collarbone, I cared less and less about the consequences of my actions. Last year I would have been worrying endlessly about what would happen if people found out, what might go wrong, what people would think. But that was before Draco and I were forced into hiding, before Lord Voldemort began to regain his harsh control of the Wizarding World. I could feel Draco's heart beat against my stomach as his kisses mapped further down my body. My hands found their way to his hair, keeping a tight grip on it as he feathered kisses further down my body. Squirming in his grasp, Draco kept a tight grip on my hips to stop me moving too much. Just then, Draco came back up and began aggressively attacking my lips with his. He began planting kisses down my neck before nibbling on the area just behind my ear. That was when I lost it. I lost all sense of control, the only thing my mind was focusing on was Draco. I was completely his and I realised that I no longer cared about what would happen if people found out, about what might go wrong, or about what people would think. I just didn't care. I didn't care about the fact that Draco's hands were wandering uncontrollably as a green charm light washed over us, I didn't care that it wouldn't be long before the little clothing I was wearing would be strewn across the floor and I didn't care that I couldn't seem to keep myself quiet. To say that I was enjoying myself would be an understatement. I wasn't just enjoying it, I needed it.

I sighed, pulling the covers up around me. I laughed at Draco who was asleep beside me, the covers tangled in his legs. As quickly as I could, I grabbed some underwear and clothes, and dressed myself, heading downstairs after picking my wand up from the bedside table. I collected all of the wrapping paper that was strewn around Buchanan on the living room floor and sent it soaring, with a wave of my wand, into the bin in the kitchen. Lifting all of my presents from the floor, I placed them on our coffee table and headed into the kitchen, hungry after the ~ redemption, shall we say ~ of my latest birthday gift. As my gaze latched onto the cake, I made my way quickly over to it, finding a knife and two plates. Just as I went to cut the cake, I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and I giggled, setting the knife down on the side before turning to face Draco. He pulled me in for a kiss and I laughed, pulling away.
"Th-thank you." I whispered, smiling at him.
He understood what I meant, he knew what I was thanking him for and he nodded. As I turned back to face the cake, I picked up the knife and sunk it into the cake, cutting two rather large slices. We took them into the living room and sat down together, tucking into the cake, Buchanan joining us on the sofa.
"This is delicious!" crowed Draco, through a mouthful of cake and I laughed.
He wrapped his free arm around my shoulders and watched me as I ate my cake, my gaze drifting over all of the presents I had received. For the first time since Draco and I had gone on the run, I was happy; for the first time since Draco and I had gone on the run, I felt safe and nothing could take that away from me, not the Death Eaters and not Lord Voldemort.

————————————

Hey guys!

So, thoughts about Drophelia's first time? I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter !!!