*S-Class Trial*

Lucy's Pov ✬

It had been almost a week since half the guild was frantically taking on jobs and half just goofing off and I still had no idea why. I'm sitting all alone at the bar just watching people go. I'm worried about Cana. The other day she came to my house and told me she was thinking of quitting Fairy Tail. Out of all the young generations, she's been a part of Fairy Tail the longest, why would she want to quit? "Hey, Mira why would Cana want to quit Fairy Tail?" Mira responded, "I wouldn't worry about it too much, she always gets like that around this time." I'm even more confused, just great. "What does that mean, during this time?" Mira giggled, "You'll find out soon enough."  I was looking around the guild and I noticed Neko come up to me. "Hey, Lucy! What are you doing here all alone?" I sighed, "Everyone else is gone or too busy." Neko shook her head "Yeah, according to (Y/n) this week is going to be hectic beyond belief." I scrunched my eyebrows. Natsu and Happy busted into the building and ran to the bar. "We finished another mission! I'm sure I'm going to make it this time!" Happy chimed in, "Aye! If anyone can do it, it's you Natsu!" The next thing I knew the guild was filling up with people and they started making their way to the stage. "Why is everyone going to the stage?" I questioned, Mira, answered me stating, "Master has an announcement to make in a couple of minutes." She quickly left and went backstage leaving me to my curiosity. I saw Natsu and Happy quickly run to the stage as well, I followed them there too, waiting to see what the announcement is. I was next to Wendy and she was also wondering what was going on, "I have no idea, I guess we'll find out." The curtains went up revealing (Y/n), Erza, Master, Mira, and Gildarts. Everyone was dead silent when the curtains were fully drawn up, Master cleared his throat and spoke, "In accordance with the Fairy Tail's guild time honor traditions, I will now announce the entrance to the S-Class wizard promotion trial." The whole guild erupted in screams of excitement. "THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN FREAKING OUT OVER!" I yelled to no one in particular. "The trial will be on Tenrou Island, our guild's sacred ground." He looked at the crowd with prideful eyes, "The strength you possess inside, your character and Hearts, these are what I considered during my selections and I have chosen eight participants. Natsu Dragneel," Natsu tightened his fist and lifted it to his chest, "Thank you, Sir!" Happy spoke to Natsu, "You can do it, buddy!" Master continued, "Gray Fullbuster," Gray smiled wide, "It's finally my turn to move up." "Juvia Luxor," Juvia went wide eye, "Me? Me too??" "Elfman," Elfman smirked, "The trials need a real man like me!" Lisanna spoke out, "Way to go big bro!" "Cana Alberona," Cana looked at the floor with a frown, "Freed Justine," Freed had a serious look on his face, "I shall follow Laxus's footsteps." "Levy Mcgarden," Levy smiled brightly, "I'm so excited for this!" "And Mest Grayder!" I looked around and saw many disappointed people, but also saw a lot of happiness from guild mates to the chosen eight. "Oh I get it, everyone took on all those jobs to grab the Master's attention so they could be considered for the trials," I said to Wendy as she cheered the eight nominees on. I frowned to myself as I looked at Cana, is this why she wants to quit Fairy Tail? Wendy was talking to Carla when all of a sudden Carla froze and looked terrified. "Are you alright Carla?" Wendy asked, "Yes, I'm fine Wendy."

Carla's POV ✬

What did I just see? 

*✬ Carla's Clairvoyant Vision ✬*

Tree branches surrounded everything, falling and breaking down until the tree was completely torn apart.

Brief looks at Cana and Natsu crying, dropping to the floor as if drained of magic.

(Y/n) using a magic circle pouring her energy into the ground.

A hand fallen on the dirt.

A man with dark raven hair surrounded by darkness.