Chapter 14

*Rose's POV*
I'm at work and its been a week since the scene with Mark Evans. I had told Katie all that happened.

She did a happy dance when I told her we kissed but then sort of broke, seeing tears wells in my eyes as I told her how that night ended. 

I knew Mark Evans could make an entry any day, anywhere, anytime. And I had been really cautious too. I had tried to be on my guard at all times, careful of my surroundings and walking as fast as I could, only relaxing when I got into the comforts of my home.
I went back home from work at around 7 and found dad crying on the couch. I dropped my bag and everything in my hand and rushed over to him. 
"Dad, what happened? Are you okay? Why are you crying? Dad, tell me. What's going on?" I bombard questions onto my dad but he just went on crying. I took hold of one of his hand and placed the other on the side of his face. 
"Dad, tell me. What's going?" I ask, gulping down the hard lump in my throat. I was hurt to see my dad crying. I wondered what could've happened that must've broken him so bad. 
"Daddy, please..." I begged, my own voice cracking towards the end. 

Dad finally looked at me and went on staring for a minute or two before he finally spoke up. 
"I'm sorry, Rosie.."
This didn't make sense. Why was he apologizing to me? Why was he saying sorry to me. 
I look at him confused, still holding onto his hands tightly. "Sorry for what, dad? I'm okay... what are you talking about?" I say softly. 
"I'm sorry..." he just repeated himself.
That's when I heard a car come to a sharp halt outside and soon  3 huge men barging in through the door. 
"Oh my God..." I shout out helplessly and crawl away on the floor before eventually getting onto my feet. 
All 3 of them wore suits and had guns. My heart was thumping so loud inside my chest as I stared at them. 
"Wh-who are you?" I yell, and rush back to my dad. "Daddy, who are these people? What do they want?" I blurt. I had realized this had something to do with my dad and figured his gambling had brought us to this. 
"We're here to take you, Rose." One of the men said calmly. 
My heart suddenly sank to my stomach as I stared at him in disbelief and then at my dad who was now looking at me blankly, tears still running down his face. 
"Dad..." That is all that leaves my lips. 

The same man took a step forward that made me back away but before I could stand up, he was towering over me and now bending forward, grabbing me by my arm. 
"Let go of me!" I scream, fighting, trying to hit him with my elbow.
But he was just too strong for me. In one swift move, he pulled me up. 
"Let go!" I scream again, turning and hitting him over and over again with  my free hand but somehow they just didn't effect him.
I catch sight of him signalling another man and I look at his direction and I see him pouring some form of liquid onto a piece of cloth.

Chloroform.

I burst into tears as I go on fighting him helplessly. He lets go of my arm letting me spin around but soon wraps his muscular arm around my waist, pulling me to him. My back presses up against him with one of my wrists in his grip. 
"Daddy, help me!" I cry, struggling as I watch the other guy hand him the piece of cloth. 
"No, please!" I wail and begin to shake my head to prevent him from pressing that cloth to my nose. 
I was putting up a bigger fight than he had imagined I guess because I heard him cursing under his breath, right next to my ear. I bend forward with him bending along with me, his arm that was around my waist now right under my breasts before eventually he pressed the cloth onto my mouth. I scream into it and hold my breath for a second, continuing to fight and struggle. All this had made me breathless and eventually I take a deep breathe, taking in the chemical. 

Soon enough, my vision goes blurry and my body limp. Both my hands that were trying to pry away his hand, holding the cloth at my mouth soon drop down to my sides and I begin to get dizzy with my legs giving up on me and his arm around me being the only thing holding me up.
Before I completely pass out, the last thing I see is another huge figure advance in through the door and towards us, his hands reaching out before I black out.

*Mark's POV*
Today was the day. I'm gonna take my Rose today. 
I knew she wasn't just gonna walk with me to my place, I have to take her. I had asked Will to help me out on how to do that and he gave me the idea of asking for some of Uncle Sam's men.
At first, I didn't feel so good about it. 
They'd be touching her, their hands on her body that was only mine and no one else's to touch. How could I let that happen? 
But Will convinced me, telling me there was no other way of doing it without avoiding any drama with the police or the God forsaken, press. 
I had half-heartedly  given in. 
The entire day, Uncle Sam's men kept an eye on her and I too remained with them. We watched her go into her house before deciding to get done with it.

Will had advised me to stay out and let the men do the job until Rose had lost consciousness because somehow, according to him, if I did that job she would end up hating me even more than she already does. 
I had laughed at that but agreed anyway. 
I stood by the door, watching everything as the men barged in. 
I saw fear take over her, her face going pale as she saw them. She was trying to stay strong and pretending to be tough whilst glancing at her father over and over again as if hoping he'd help her. 
Little did she know, he was helpless himself. He had agreed to it himself. 
Seeing one of the men grab her and take hold of her made me mad. I wanted to walk right in, pull her away from him and take her into my own arms. 
I hated to see her scream and cry and fight, all failing. 
By the time, Rose gave up, my blood was boiling. I had seen him bend over her and his arm under her breast and that's when I couldn't take anymore, I walked over to her.
I glared at him and pulled Rose right out of his grip. I gave him another dirty look before my gaze turned softer, looking at Rose in my arms. I brushed a lose strand of hair away from her face, just looking at her beautiful, peaceful face before I lifted her up in my arms. 
I turned around to leave. 

"See you at the wedding, Stew." I said, looking down at Rose's father before walking out of the house and towards my car, never waiting for his response. 

I set her down in the backseat and got in next to her, wrapping one of my arms around her as I pulled her close to me. Her head rested on my chest while one of my hand stroked her arm and the other played with her fingers. 
It was difficult for me to contain my happiness as we moved towards my place. I could only imagine how beautiful tonight could be with Rose finally mine. 

Mrs. Mark Evans.

I smiled to myself as I said that and glanced down to her cute sleeping face. I planted a soft kiss on her head and went on stroking her arm while on the way to my house.