Surprise Party ~ Brett Eldredge

Requested by iloveNiallLoiusnLiam

"Thanks so much for helping me out with all of this." I tossed some napkins onto the coffee table and made my way back into the dining room where Lauren was finishing setting up some of the appetizers. I started straightening some of the plates. Now that everything has been done, I was fidgeting.

Lauren grabbed my hands, "Stop that." I nodded and she smiled, "It's no problem. Thomas and I love you and Brett and would do anything to help you out." She stepped around the table, "Plus I love surprise parties." I laughed at her grin, but quickly silenced myself and looked around the room.

"You don't think he was onto me, right?"

Lauren's smile softened as she shook her head, "He had no idea." I nodded and once again busied myself with straightening plates that really didn't need to be straightened. "Brett had no idea and Thomas will keep him plenty distracted." Before I could voice any of my other doubts or worries, the doorbell rang and Lauren sprinted to answer it. A bunch of people spilled into the house, shouting their greetings and asking where they could put the presents. Lauren and I jumped to grab coats and gifts and welcome everyone.

It was only twenty minutes later that Lauren's phone dinged with a text from Thomas, informing us that he and Brett were pulling into the driveway. I ushered everyone into hiding spots and shut the living room lights. Lauren jumped next to me, an excited grin on her face, "This is my favorite part!" I held back my laugh as the front door swung open and Brett and Thomas's voices drifted in.

"Why are the lights out?" Brett stepped into the house and over to the living room, "Babe?" He flicked the lights on and everyone jumped out, yelling 'surprise!' in the process. Brett's eyes were wide and his mouth hung open as he looked around the room before finally settling on me.

I grinned and stepped forward with my arms held out, "Happy birthday, baby." I wrapped my arms around his middle and he hugged me back, "Were you surprised?"

Brett nodded and kissed the top of my head, "Are you kidding? I didn't see this coming at all." I grinned up at him and quickly pressed my lips against his before releasing him, so that he could mingle with all of his friends. Brett kept his arm around my shoulders as he moved around the house, talking to everyone and enjoying the party. Every so often he would press his lips to my temple and every time I would smile.

As the night was winding down, Brett and I were sat on the loveseat in the living room. I was pressed against Brett's side and his head was leaned against mine. "How did I get so lucky to have the best girlfriend in the world?" I sighed and pretended to think.

"I don't know. You really are lucky."

Brett laughed and nuzzled his face in my neck, "I really am. Thank you, baby."

I smiled, "Happy birthday."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got nothing. Sorry I've been gone for so long and sorry that this one isn't that great. I have no motivation anymore.