Chapter Three

Alice's POV

"M-Michael?!" I stutter. What is he doing here? This was not how I planned to return home.

"A-Alice. You're here." He looked dumbstruck. Like he thought I had dropped off the face of the earth or something like that.

"Yeah. I know I'm here. What I don't know is why I'm here. Why'd you boys take me here?" I turned to Calum and Luke who were looking down at the ground.

"Well, you see..." Luke didn't really have an answer.

"We, well, I actually, thought it would be better if you and Michael talked out your problems so you could spend the summer in peace." Calum explained.

"Well, that was stupid of you. I'm not talking to him. Ever. What he did was unforgivable. I hate him. He can get hit by a bus for all I care. I just don't want anything to do with him." I started to walk down the street.

"Alice Wait!" Luke calls after me. "Are you sure you don't want a ride? I can drive you."

"I live like 5 minutes from here." I reply. At least one of these boys is a gentleman.

"C'mon. Just get in the car." Luke persuades me.

"Okay." And without looking back at Calum or the mess that once was my best friend, I get in the car with Luke.

I hope Michael knows that what he did was unforgivable. It was absolutely unforgivable. I started thinking about it again, my eyes watering.

"Hey Alice? You alright?" Luke snaps me out of my trance. I realize that a single tear slipped down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away, hoping Luke didn't notice.

"Yeah I'm fine Luke. Just some stuff I'd rather not remember. Anyways, how long have you known Michael?" I ask, trying to direct the conversation to anything but my relationship with Michael.

"Actually, Michael, Calum and I went to the same school. We all went to Norwest Christian College together and we kind of became friends there. Long story." Luke explains, my eyes growing wide.

"No way. You guys went there too? Michael and I met there!" I exclaim. Our conversation went on for quite some time like this. Talking about places we'd both been to in town, who we hung out with at school.

"Okay so we've covered everything, from the lame dances to the clubs we were in. But we haven't talked about the biggest event at school. Who did you go with to prom?" I immediately tensed up.

"I, uh, no one. My date bailed. He showed up at our meeting place with another girl." I explain slowly. Even now I can't bring myself to talk about it. Let me clarify, I'm not some heartbroken teenage girl who is still upset that her dream date didn't take her to the prom. It's more than that. There's a theme of people leaving in my life. And when you find out that when you get to prom that your date brought another girl, it hurts.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I met a girl at prom who got stood up once, she even kissed me on the cheek. She was sitting outside crying in a -"

"light blue dress." We finish the sentence at the same time.

"You're the Luke I danced with that night?" I ask, completely shocked.

"I am. You looked so sad, I had to ask you to dance. You didn't deserve that. You were crying, and you told me all about how Michael had-" he stopped mid sentence. "Michael. It was Michael."

I didn't say anything, but we had just arrived at my house. I got out of the car and whispered a thank you. I ran inside the house and up to my room, not wanting to relive the worst night of my life again.

* * * * * * * *

Hi guys! Super sorry about the delay with updating! I started this chapter a few years ago but I've had such bad writers block I couldn't finish it. I feel a lot more inspired now so here you go! Hope you guys enjoy. - ri