Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ezreal's POV

"Ah so my prince is finally here!" Lux exclaimed as she opened the front door. She looked down at Clarissa in my arms, "...And he's with this witch too..."

I sighed obviously tired of her shit, "Can we just get this over and done with?"

"Fine, you still remember our deal?"

"Yeah."

I walked into Lux's house which was a lot like mine. I lay Clarissa down on the couch in the living room. Lux came back from the kitchen bearing 2 mugs of coffee and she set one on the table for me.

"I never asked for a coffee." I said.

She stared at me. "Really Ezreal? Is that how you react when someone puts their time and love into making you a cup of coffee?

I really wanted to say something like "Yes." or 'Well then I guess you wasted your time and love." but she was going to be the one who fixed up Rissa so instead I apologised and obediently sipped the extremely bitter coffee.

"So Ezreal, how did you attempt to cure her?" She said with a smug look.

"I don't really think that matters..." I didn't want to talk about it.

"No, no please I insist!"

Ego crusher. I sighed for the millionth time, "I just kept her really warm with blankets, hot water bottles, cushions stuff like that."

She laughed, "Oh Ezreal! I feel so sorry for you, you were so close! All you needed to do was expose her to extreme heat! But you know it's too late now so I guess I'll do it!"

I grit my teeth. It made sense now, when Rissa sat up she felt pain because she had taken the blanket off while sitting up, but when she was wrapped in the blanket she was getting better. Why couldn't I figure it out?

"Lux please, can you just stop?" I pleaded, too tired to argue with her.

"What?"

"I mean all this. Can you just stop interfering with me and Clarissa. If you weren't such a jealous bitch in the first place things wouldn't have gotten this complicated."

"Me? Jealous? Ezreal do you even know what you're saying?"

She was playing stupid. Again. "Lux, when we were little I always liked you and you knew that. You just always pushed me away like you didn't want me. But now, when I've finally moved on you want me. What are you trying to get at?"

It was true. I had known Lux my whole life, she was born when I was only a few months old and we grew up together. Everyone thought we would get married when we were older and I hoped we would too. It was only a few years ago when I was 16 that I realised it was pointless chasing a girl that rejected all my calls, texts and date invites so I started to move on. Then I met Clarissa.

"You liked me?" She said quietly.

"YES I DID! Fucking hell Lux are you stupid?"

She looked at her feet and didn't say anything. She was faking it, she just wanted me to say the words. To an ordinary person, they would think she was genuinely sorry. But it takes a person who's known her their whole life to be able to read her.

"Don't give me that shit." I said.

Her expression changed back to an evil smile. "Oh you know me too well Ezreal." She grabbed her wand and walked over to Clarissa on the couch. "I'm going to use my Light Binding on her."

"Are you kidding?! You're going to kill her!" I stepped forward to protect Clarissa but Lux put her hand out to stop me. She looked at me. "Using Final Spark would kill her. Do you really think I'd stoop that low?"

Probably, I mean you already are. I thought of all the possible answers I could say but I wasn't going to provoke her because Clarissa's fate was in her hands, so I stepped back. "Fine."

Lux seemed to be looking at Clarissa in thought when she said, "Go home and pack your bags and then come back."

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because you're staying with me until we go back home."

"But why?" I felt like a child who kept asking questions about the world.

"Because I know that Clarissa knows where you live and she'll keep asking for answers."

"Answers? For what?"

She turned her attention to me. "Don't you remember the deal? If you want me to help her you have to break up with her."

She sounded serious, I didn't think she'd actually make me move in with her. I remained silent for awhile contemplating what I'd do. Maybe I could lunge towards the couch, pick up Clarissa and cure her myself by heating her with the oven? No that wouldn't do any good... Ugh what should I do? I had no other choice but to let Lux help me, then I'll find some other way to get Clarissa back.

I walked towards the door. "Ok I'll be back soon." I stepped out but before closing the door I was still unsure and asked, "How do I know you're not going to kill her while I'm not there? This could be another one of your tricks."

"She'll be fine and then I'll send her back home." She looked up and smiled at me. "Trust me."

I looked at Clarissa once more before closing the door behind me. As I walked to my car I furrowed my eyebrows, confused about what just happened because this time her smile was genuine.

---

I know I say this all the time but I'm sorry for the late update. I've been having writer's block and I just didn't know what to do. I have a bit of an idea what I want to write about now. Also I'd like to say thanks so much for 2K! I didn't think it would get this much reads! So thanks for reading! :) xx