Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Clarissa's POV

Ezreal finally picked up on the 7th call. "Ezreal, where have you been?"

"Oh hello Clarissa!" It wasn't Ezreal's voice on the receiving end, I knew it was Lux.

"Umm hi Lux? Where is Ezreal?" I was clearly disappointed that it wasn't Ezreal.

"Where's Ezreal you ask?" I heard a muffled noise in the background.

"Yeah..." I said, suspicious.

"Didn't he tell you? He broke up with you?" She sounded somewhat excited. I heard more muffled shouts in the background.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, he's terrible for not telling you isn't he?"

I didn't say anything. I was shocked. Is this true?

I heard shuffling in the background of Lux's end. "Bye Cl- Ouch!" Was the last thing she said before quickly ending the call.

Something definitely wasn't right. Ezreal would never do such a thing. I know him well enough, unless I don't really know him at all...

I thought more about the phone call. Lux picked up Ezreal's phone. They're probably near each other, so the shuffling in the background could be Ezreal. The note he gave me did say he was gonna see Lux and that he didn't know what was going to happen next but he will come back for me. WAIT! But it also said that Lux was the one who hit me so she obviously has something against me. The things she said were probably lies and she also has Ezreal with her. Did Ezreal know this was going to happen?

I was pretty sure I worked it out. I was thinking to check Ezreal's house, but it was too late now. I'll see him tomorrow.

"Claire! Come down for dinner!" My mum called out. I went downstairs feeling accomplished. I didn't realise that it would be much more complicated.

Ezreal's POV

I was extremely pissed off at Lux. I threw a chair and lamp out the window to make things more troublesome for her. I realised it was a stupid thing to do 30 minutes later because it began to get cold and I should've just trashed the room.

She knocked on my door. "Ezreal, would you like dinner?"

"No. You probably poisoned my food."

"Why would you think that?" She walked into the room without my permission and looked for a spot to sit down. "Where's the chair?" Then she noticed the curtains flapping from the wind and looked out of the window to see the chair, lamp and broken glass on the ground.

She sighed and sat on the bed beside me. I got up and moved to the floor.

"Ezreal please don't do this to me."

"Don't do this to you?! Look what you've done to me! You ruined my life!" I grabbed fistfuls of my hair. "Fucking hell Lux!"

"She wasn't your life, you only knew her for a year."

"How would you know? I used to think you'd be my future for years but look at us now."

We sat in silence.

I had my head in my hands. I heard Lux get up and assumed that she would leave but instead she kissed me and said, "We can start again." Then she left.

I was shocked and grossed out by what just happened. I spat out the window and wiped my mouth. Then I went downstairs for dinner.

I couldn't even make out what she cooked, everything was burnt and it smelt just as bad. "What the fuck is that?"

"It's chicken, I'm trying something new!" She sounded pleased with herself.

"Yeah well don't because it's terrible." I walked towards the phone.

"Excuse me? You can't just say that! And don't call her!"

"Yeah well you can't just kiss me like nothing's wrong! And I'm ordering pizza or am I not allowed to do that too?!"

She looked to the ground. "I thought that I could make you stay with me, and you wouldn't leave me again."

I rolled my eyes and her fake act. I ordered a pizza and then slammed the phone down. "You know, staying with you made me realise what a selfish little bitch you are. I don't know what made me like you in the first place. Glad I'm over it now." I said leaning against the wall with a smirk.

"Yeah well you're-," She didn't know what to say next.

"I thought so." I waited for my pizza and then went upstairs. We didn't talk for the rest of the night.

---

I'm sorry to say but Chapter 24 and 25 will be the last chapters. They have been in my drafts for 6 years, so I thought I'd post them before discontinuing the story.