Chapter 1

# 9 months back #
I entered my room slamming the door behind me. Aggr!!! It's so frustrating. Today my father's childhood friend was to come to meet him, that too after like 15-16 years. Good. Really, it's a great thing nowadays that they still are and will always be best of friends. But what I don't get why the hell I have get ready and be impressive towards him and his family. It's been from morning that my mother got me from my room to hers where she had brought all kinds of fancy dinner dresses of my sizes to try on. I haven't had my breakfast yet and it's way past mornings. It's will be 1 in like fifteen minutes.
Hi! My name is Olivia. Olivia Leah Reese. I am 22 and have a Bachelors degree in Commerce. My parents are David and Rosemarie Reese and I have two little brothers Kyle who is 19 and Henry who is 17.
I am frustrated and starving or I am frustrated because of starving. I don't know but what I know is there's one thing for sure that I'm not going to get anything to eat till the time of dinner when the guest is to arrive if I stay here with my mother. My mother has tendency to forget about everything thing else if there are any guests arriving to make sure everything is perfect and up to or even above the standard. So I left house quietly and slowly got my car out of the main gate without making much noise but as I was about to take off my brothers got in front.
"Please sis take us. We are about to die because of hunger. Mom even got the cook busy for evening." the big one said. I signed knowing their condition and signal my hands to quickly get in before mom see us and then fled my car towards the nearest restaurant.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After coming back to home from restaurant, we, me and my brothers were standing in front of the main double doors of the house. None of us have the courage to enter as we heard our mother shouting at father for coming late. It's now 3 and the guests are to come at 6. If she found out that we too aren't ready and that we went out, she will have our head, not literally. She just scare us when she turn into a host-zilla. So I walk towards the back of the mansion compound where a door for maid is which opens in the kitchen. Mrs. Mala was preparing something. I quickly took the the chef apron. Mrs. Mala smiled a little knowing why I was here, she too know about my mother's host-zilla.
"I am yet to make dessert. You do that and I will tell ma'am that you were helping me in kitchen." she said and got back to her work. I nodded with smile saying a thank you and got to work in making dessert. I got one whipping cream, chocolate, mangoes and other ingredients and started making two types of mousses - one chocolate mousse and other mango mousse. Got them placed with toping in martini glasses and kept in refrigerator. Dessert are best when serve cold. I don't know how many people were to come so I made 12 glasses of each so there is total 24 mousse martini glasses and even got some more left in big bowls if it got finished. I don't mind leftover food as we can eat them tomorrow cause if it got finished and not enough, imagine the embarrassment in front of the guests.

 I don't mind leftover food as we can eat them tomorrow cause if it got finished and not enough, imagine the embarrassment in front of the guests

My mom soon enter the kitchen as I was about to head out to go to my room.
"There you are. Why ain't you ready yet? It's almost time girl. They will be here in like an hour. What the.... What are you doing in kitchen at this time." she said to me.
"Mom I was about to go to get ready and I was helping Mrs. Mala in cooking for guests. Have you had a look at the menu you gave her? How can she alone make all this? And why are you telling me even ain't ready. Mom go get ready as I am to going to take shower and get ready. Why ain't you ready yet? It's almost time girl. They will be here in like an hour. What the.... What are you doing in kitchen at this time." and I threw her own words back at her flying out from kitchen before she understands it.
"OLIVIA!" the voice roar from kitchen as I laugh out loud and run to my room.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Instead of the dinner dresses my mom brought, I wore a yellow maxi dress which have a slit in the middle with white laggies and got down to the living room/hall. It was nearly 6 when the bell rang. I made my way towards door and opened it. As my mom look at me and was about to scold me for not wearing her brought dresses but the bell ran.

It was nearly 6 when the bell rang

It was nearly 6 when the bell rang. I made my way towards door and opened it. There was an old man, near the age of my father. With him was two old ladies, one who is hook in his arm must be his wife, other don't know. I smiled at them and welcomed them in. With them came two young women in hands with two men, one of whom had a nearly 3 year old girl in hold of other arm. Then came in 2 teen young boys both of same age as Henry. And behind them walk in a handsome man of maybe 25 in glory. I noticed as they entered other than the old man and his wife all others where checking me and having scroll on their faces. I got that they were judging me for my weight. If it was other place or occasion I would have told them about what happened when you judge someone but kept quiet and smiled welcoming them as they were today's guest. As I count there were 10 people for guests.
I was about to close the door when someone came in my view. It was my grandfather followed by my grandmother with her my uncle and his wife to come. With grandfather was a man of his own age followed by an old woman like my grandmother. Behind them was my 2 cousins.
"Grandpa!" I shouted excitedly as I hug him in the door itself.
"Oh child! Are you going to keep you grandpa in the door? Let's get inside first girl." he said as I made my way with all of them inside.
As everyone was sitted and settled and got on their own talks, as my dad with his friend and brother, my brothers Kyle and Henry with our cousins, the latters with them self and the last that handsome in his phone. I took my mom inside the kitchen.
"Mom, what's going on? You said some friend with his family were coming to have dinner, not some kind of get together was going held."
"Oh did I forget to tell you? Looks like I really forgot to tell you the reason of today's dinner." she said shaking her head a little.
"What reason mom. Is this some kind of corroboration for business." I ask her, looking out of kitchen a little to see how man people were there. Now I see why the entire day was needed to prepare the dinner and the house to clean and ready.
"No business corroboration baby but family corroboration. They are hear for you sweety." she said with a big smile appearing on her face.
"What?" I ask dumbfounded.
"Oh my baby! Here come." as she got me near her made me look out in the living room again.
"You see that young handsome man there." she said as I nod to her. "Well he is here to get engaged to you baby. Today's dinner is for getting to know both families and announcing yours and his engagement." she said giggling and clapping her hand in excitement.
"My what... Engagement!!!!!"