Chapter 2

"My what?.... ENGAGEMENT!!" I nearly shouted. "Mom what the... Why the..."
"Sweety calm down. Please don't shouted. Let talk to your grandparents and father." with that she left the kitchen telling me to go to fathers office room.
I was in the office room waiting for mom and dad. As the door opened with my parents came in my grandparents and the old couple, at last was dad's friend and his wife.
We all took our sits as I sat in the single sofa sit in front of them.
"Sweety I am sorry as I forgot to tell you about this before. I was to tell you about it last week but looks like it just slipped my mind. So sorry." mom said as we all sitted.
"Olivia I and your grandfather are childhood friends. You see as we are growing old and we wanted to come more closer and meaningful relationship than friendship."
"So we thought about letting our grandchildren come together. Only you and my grandson is of the age to do so." the old woman said whose name I am yet to know.
"Don't sugar coat the truth Lenny, my daughter can handle truth better than this sweet lie you are up to feed her." my dad said to Lenny, that old woman.
"OK! as you wish David. The truth is my eldest daughter Gena and your father was to get married in the past but your father ran and elope with your mother. Now for the long story short. Our parents that's your great grandparents and my parents, made a business deal which was written, stamped and already signed by them. They thought that their children as well as grandchildren are some obedient, mindless, still baby like people so that they did not even think about telling us means me and your grandfather, let your father separate as even he did not know. But because he ran away and my daughter too ran away at the same time but different person. He just elope and returned the next day where as my daughter took some 6 months. We did not know about the deal but did not have any conflicts or anything. In fact my husband and your grandfather become good friends. That's why our parents didn't told us anything about the business or any deal. And got it hidden from everyone." she stop at that.
"Now the thing is somehow my half brother has got his hands on it and is blackmailing us to give him a great sum of money to destroy that deal papers or he will submit them to the court. If that happens everything own by us, my family as well as your family will be lost." the old man beside Lenny said.
"Come again. Everything. What was written in that damn deal?" I asked shockingly.
"Here. It's only a copy of the original given to me by Johan brother, my brother in-law. His name is Peter." Lenny said handling me some paper file. As I read it. I get frustrated. Everything? I mean who the heck gamble away everything for some arrange marriage. Definitely my great grandparents and their partner weren't thinking. They weren't thinking at all. The only thing that gives us a little hope is that there isn't mention about who to whom just mention Reese and Drake name in it. It only said kids of both families with corresponding age for marriage have to get married. So it does not matter if we get two boys from both families get married to each.
"Oly! it's just that even if we gave Peter the money he is asking for, there is nothing to guarantee that he will give us that damn papers. So instead of giving into him, we thought about getting kids from both family married and because there family daughters are already married and was even elder that your brother, our only option is you. So we decided to get you with their son Xander get married." my dad said in apologize tone.
"But why? What the reason for this great gambling for them. What was the need for it?" I asked as I know there is something still hidden.
"Actually it may sound dramatic but our both families had been enemies for generations. And their enmities had caused lots of losses in past not just properties but also life. So in order to form peace between the two of our families, they made that contract. It was a way to tell that one party won't back stab each other. " my father said to me.
"And most importantly it will give our both family an immense power by combining both of our forces."
I let out a big deep sigh as I gather and assemble everything I heard today in my mind and resigned my will to resist any longer.
"So when am I going to get married?" I ask.
"Actually you are to sign the marriage certificate today itself but for outer world it's your engagement day. Cause you know we have to clear the court presiding and all. But the ceremony of it will be held after two months. And do not worry until this two months you will be staying with your family not with us." Johan said giving me some kind of relief smile.
"Then let's go down stairs everyone must be waiting." my grandfather said as he all of us to leave for downstairs.
There is no introduction or anything to me about who is who as we all come down. My father brought the marriage certificate with him and pass it on to me to sign. It was already signed by the 'Xander Allen Drake', so I just signed it.
"OK! Now it's signed then can I get back to office. I have a early morning meeting tomorrow at Sydney and I need to leave like in an hour." my just became fiance/husband said.
"Oh yes but before you leave I will like you to know about the last clause in the contract. Is that OK, son?" Johan said to which we both nodded.
"You see there is no divorce. You both are in it for life. No one in both of you can divorce the other."