Hats Off To You (DarrellXNeko!Reader)

My first request for this story! Thanks to, @meGoonther1 for requesting this story! Now that we got that out of the way, enjoy!

Why in any name did your boss, Professor Venomous, force you come with him for another dinner meeting with Lord Boxman? He even forced you to go during your day off for goodness sake!

You groaned fixing your hat and the back of your jacket. " I hope we can get over with this soon. Just eat some dinner and go the heck out of that freak house," you told Venomous, who rolled his eyes.

" It's a dinner meeting, (Y/n). Which means during dinner I will be conversing with Boxman about our business relation. What part did you not understand?"

You played with the rims of your jacket's cuffs, " Pretty much everything." You sighed, once again adjusting your hat, " Why didn't you have Fink come with you like last time. As I recalled, you two had a blast (literally) using one of Boxman's weapons. Am I not correct?"

Venomous sighed, walking up to Boxman's doorstep with you. " You are correct. I did enjoy myself blasting those three pests away with Fink. However, during one of my errands with Fink we ran into a," he coughed, " predicament." His hand went to your head, " I don't see why you're wearing that hat, very unprofessional. Plus," he removed your hat, making you freeze in place," You messed up your hair." As he pulled off your hat, your ears popped up. " I take it that you're wearing this hat to hide your ears, and that jacket to hide your tail?" he guessed, fixing your hair.

You were quiet, but you nodded.

" Jeez, (Y/n), at least take pride of your appearance."

" One of Buttman's minions might pull my tail like that small kid a year ago, or they might make fun of me."

Venomous groaned, " (Y/n), that happened by accident, and those people that made fun of you never did it again after I dealt with them. None of you fears will happen."

" Promise?"

He sighed, " Promise," he said it in a monotone way.

He doesn't like to admit it, but in a way, Venomous raised you. Though, in exchange for his care, once you grew up you'd work for him. However, he still maintained his fatherly-like part specially for you and Fink.

You tried to grab for your hat, but Venomous placed it in his lab coat. " The heck, Ven! I need that!"

" No, you don't. You'll be fine. I'll give it back to you once the dinner meeting is done."

The door slid open, revealing a very small man with light blue-ish hair slicked back, left part of his face was cybernetic, wearing tux. " Welcome, valued client!" Boxman greeted.

" What's wrong with your eyebrows?" you asked, noticing that cybernetic part of his face had a more bushy eyebrow than his human part.

" (Y/n)!" Venomous hissed.

" I'm just curious if it was fake or not, Ven. My bad if it insulted Boxman." 

His eyes narrowed, "You better be."

Boxman laughed awkwardly, " It's quite alright. I see that your usual companion is not by your side."

Venomous slightly nodded, " Fink is not feeling right. During an errand she accidentally ate something, causing her to have a stomachache." His hand gestured to you, " This is (Y/n) my assistant."

You waved at Boxman, " Pleasure to meet ya."

Boxman looked at you, of course not pleased that you were organic, questioning why Venomous didn't bring one of the robots he shipped to him.