Chapter 2: Old soul yet too young for death

Running... He's found me again, I must get away, I must find mother. Panting, racing, my breath and heart beat nearly drown out the doom bringing footsteps, on this cold night. I must find mother; her shop should be just ahead. If I find her I can save her, she's the last one he hasn't killed.

Streetlights zooming by and cold nipping at my sensitive flesh. I'm lucky to have had this much development in my body. He normally kills me and whom ever gave birth to me within a month never letting me even walk. He must have gotten bored with killing me so early, like it's all a sick game to him. a long torturous game of cat and mouse.

Zipping through the turns etched into my brain like a lab rat after cheese, I hear the eerie click of his heels he methodically does every turn. every click fills me with terror, and a determination I must save her. I don't care how many deaths I must endure, in this endless cycle of torture. I must save her.

Bursting through the door I see her, she's sweeping. I instantly shriek without any hesitation "Mom we have to go he's here to kill you." She's staring at me and before she can even open her mouth to respond, I feel it.

The fiery burning and indescribable pain as his poison dipped dagger enters my back. everything seems to happen in slow motion, the blood dripping down my back and seeing the realization in her eyes. That the man who murdered her child was killing her again right in front of her eyes. The love for me and the pain at seeing it again after so many years. "Anna nooo!" she screams as the lights fade out. "Run mom please!" is the last thing I can sputter out, before this life ends and another begins.

If he kills her, If he gets cocky again and lets me live more than four months. I WILL end him. He will rue the day, he stabbed me in her arms. My only purpose for these many short lives is her...