Chapter 3 The Call

Nicholas pov

Returning home from the third meeting this week, my bosses are getting impatient. Time after time I'm reminded that if left too long the old soul will mature to quickly for me to kill. "Who do they think I am? I have surveillance everywhere, I know everything and anything of my 9th wife's putrid human existence. I know every relative she could run to , every place she could hide." in this I was confident. Then I get a call from one of my informants "She's leaving the house with the baby." The chase begins. 

After calling every one of her relatives I'm stumped, shes not at any of those abuse shelters, nor is she hanging out at any of her coworker friends she thinks I don't know about, maybe ill try calling her the stupid woman would never leave without her phone.

 Nicole's pov

I knock back the drink as tears drip down my face. we have no hope... my daughter and i will be slaughtered maybe even Levi and the counsel has abandoned us. I feel his arms wrap around my shaky form, his scent fills my senses, and the tear rush forth with a vengeance. I gave up my powers to be with a man who will be the death of all of us, not only can I not protect my own daughter and myself but I'm putting the man I love in danger, the one I could never have. "We have to leave Levi we are only putting you in danger" I croak through the sadness flooding through me. "No" Levi says with such emotion, I can never read him, his arm tighten to the point it almost hurts its like i mean the world to him.. but I know its just him protecting a friend."We will get through this together" I start to relax slowly in his arms "where will we go?" I ask hope intertwining its way into my voice "my family's cabin" he says right before my phone starts to ring.

(play video)

The air in the room suddenly feels ice cold with dread, "Hubby<3" alights on the screen with a smiling picture of a man I thought I knew. Levi and I stare at the phone, the ring tone set to angel eyes ace of base. a song that to me once held so much meaning to me, terrified me and broke my heart at the same time. *You've reached Nicole Castellda I'm not here at the moment but i will call you as soon as possible so please leave a name and a number. "Honey I know your there, I just need you to pick up so I can find you. I promise I wont be mad at you even though, I know you probably to get fucked by any man that would use your dirty hole. I know no one else will love you like I do so come back and be my little angel eyes.."* before he could say anymore the swift movement of Levi hitting the phone with a hammer ended it. I never felt him leave my arms.

Soon the original hold he had on me comes back with a crushing force. "you are nothing that man says" Levi breaths onto my neck "you are wonderful". never have a felt this loved, and it hurts it hurts to know that he only views himself as my friend the gravity of the situation before me hits home as well its so easy to break down, but i wont, not anymore I'm done crying. Standing up as I receive a concerned look from Levi "Lets go me and you both know he could have tracked the GPS, and if you wont leave me then we need to get to the cabin now". The smile that crosses his face is one of pride him wordlessly saying 'there's the girl I remember'