ACT I, SCENE VI | SOULS OF ICE

It's a vow that if Ican't be anythingelse to you, at leastI can be a weaponin your hand

can't be anything
else to you, at least
I can be a weapon
in your hand.

- Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE VI
[ SOULS OF ICE ]

REBEKAH FORCEFULLY RELAXED her shoulders

REBEKAH FORCEFULLY RELAXED her shoulders. Finally, after a moment of tension, she sighed and she felt herself breathe properly once more. Her eyes went past her father and instead stayed rooted and gazed at the man in black robes. His eyes pierced through hers with amusement hidden in his orbs. She immediately frowned at his sudden gloating silence.

"König," her father hissed. "What an unfortunate feeling to see you once again." Again? She felt confused, but she felt the sudden rush of anger in her veins. "I see that your new wretched victim shall be my daughter, I warn you not to manipulate Rebekah's insights of what is right and wrong." Rebekah felt her blood churn and scoffed at her father's preposterous words, she knew how to control herself.

She cleared her throat, both the heads of her father and König's turned to her and their attention were now in her hands. Her hands were crossed above her chest, her eyes flared with rage and a tinge of confusion. Mikael gulped in fear of his daughter, whilst König remained unfazed and didn't blink an eyelash.

"What is the meaning of your petty squabble?" Rebekah pursed her lips in annoyance as she waited for an explanation, but her ears only heard silence. "Well? Am I talking to a bunch of bricks or beings?"

Chuckling, her source of distress spoke with amusement lacing through his words. "I shall elaborate for your sorry excuse of a father," he paused, looking positively smug. "Have you ever wondered why you were born powerful, despite one of your parents being a pathetic mortal?"

Mikael looked warily at the both of them, sweat had started to break out from his forehead. He knew Rebekah will find out his secret about her at some point, but he hadn't expected that this monster would be the one telling her this, he had held back too long. Yet, he stood still, waiting patiently for the outcome.