ACT II, SCENE I | SIGHS OF CRUELTY

You know the problemwith heroes and saints?They always end up dead

with heroes and saints?
They always end up dead.

— Leigh Bardugo

ACT II, SCENE I
[ SIGHS OF CRUELTY ]

ACT II, SCENE I[ SIGHS OF CRUELTY ]

AMARA HAS BEEN suspicious lately. Her guest, Loyce Hiltro, who was apparently Prince Gerfried's replacement, was not that stealthy. She had noticed him stalking her, per se.

She knew that he knew that something was happening in her kingdom, she noticed him looking at her hands. Her nails stained with dried blood could've been mistaken for excess nail polish, but he was no fool. He knew what it was, and it irked her that she was in a slight tight position. However, without evidence, he was useless, he hadn't known where she stocked the bodies, where she burns them to a crisp. That thought alone made her smirk with malice tainted on her lips.

Though, she has welcomed him to her palace, it does not mean that he was safe from her clutches. Soon, he, too, will suffer from her wrath.

Her dress billowed behind her as she took off to the direction of her chambers. She looked over her shoulder for a mere moment to see if that scallywag was following her. Luckily, this time, he was not. Next time, she might not have the same luxury as she did now.

As quickly as she could, she slammed the door shut, and headed towards one of her drawers and opened one. She pulled out a dusty, leather bound book that was centuries old, passed down from generation to generation in her family.

She flicked the pages and turned to the right one that she sought. Her eyes immediately went to the name that she needed to know.

Arnulf Gebhard.

The man who surpassed deadly tests of survival and skill like no other, the man she had once admired from the pages. The one who will help her in the task that she will ask of him, and he will obey her commands.