Chapter 11

Arnav stood outside the conference room. He wanted to go inside and stand aside her, to see if she was ok or not. It's been three hours since she left the cabin to the conference room. He wanted to see the fire of determination in her eyes. Normally guards could go but this one was way away from normal.

Arnav wandered around the office to gather details about the office and employees all the while thinking about her.

He was mesmerized, he had been a guard to many businessman but he had never seen such work immersed and well organized environment. From what he gathered fro the employees, everyone both feared and respected her. They sometimes seemed to call her as WM (Work Machine).

He waited patiently out of the conference room after checking the office and finding possible exits in case of emergency. Just then the door opened, Khushi came first and she was startled by him after she saw him.

He waited here for God knew how long. But she kept her face blank and went to the cabin.

Arnav followed her silently without any disturbance to others. Khushi put the files and pen drive away and sat, leaning against the chair, rubbing her temple.

NK came, “We will have the deal mam."

“Yeah, I know"

“And di asked to remind you to take the tablets."

Khushi sighed.

“Ok mam" with that he walked toward the door.

“NK"

“Yes mam?"

“How many times I told you to not call me mam?" This time she didn't shout, she asked as politely as she could despite her growing headache.

Arnav clenched his fist, what's the thing which was gripping his heart and making him angry..? Jealous.? Am I..? No way

NK was not surprised at that tone. He had heard that tone often which was only reserved for her family and friends alone. They were friends before she became C.E.O of this company.

“But in the office..."

“You know, you are beyond that. Stop being so formal"

What..? Beyond what..? And what the hell was wrong with me? Arnav turned away from them silently.

“Ok Khushi.. But I won't call in front of others."

Khushi..? I can't believe this.. Arnav couldn't help but hear them even after turning his head away from them.

“I don't care NK.."

NK sighed, “Ok Khushi. As usual, you win."

NK grinned at her and Khushi just nodded at him.

Again Khushi..? And why NK was grinning.?

Stop it Arnav. He scolded himself. 

I don't care.

I don't care.

I don't care.

I don't care.

He repeated these words to himself that he didn't notice she was now looking at him.

“Had lunch..?"

I don't care.

I don't care..

I don't.. What..?

She cared about NK enough to ask about lunch? Arnav looked around to glare at NK but he wasn't there. Wait... So she asked me? ME..? Arnav's heart skipped a beat.