Chapter 37

Blood......

Arnav's favourite red color...

And at this moment Arnav hated red with a passion...

Arnav will kill everyone of them here if something had happened to his Khushi..

As soon as Khushi's uncle shot at Khushi, everything happened with in a moment. The police they had informed about had shot that bloody bastard of an uncle and their thugs..

But Arnav had only eyes for her and rushed to her side.

God.....! Now only they had started their life....

She hadn't even confessed to him yet....

Arnav was sure at that moment that if something happened to her then he will follow her whether if it was after life or anything.

But his heart gave a jolt when he saw his Khushi is not the one who got shot. But then why did his Khushi's usual cool and calm face twisted into the most agonised expression as if she had lost everything in the world.

Khushi knelt down and that's when he noticed Shyaam lying down...

“What have you done Shyaam...? Why..?"

Khushi cradled his head in a most tender way and yelled at the guards to lift him up and get the car ready not before pulling her outer shirt and putting it over the wound to stop bleeding not caring her scars exposed.

Khushi was in the back seat with Shyaam in her lap and Arnav drove the car as soon as possible..

Arnav owed it to Shyaam for eternity for saving her while Khushi yelled at NK to arrange everything ready in the nearby hospital.

Khushi spoke to Shyaam so that he won't become unconscious..

“Stupid... So stupid of you Shyaam... Why did you do this.? I would've died gladly... You've already done more than enough for me from childhood.. Why sacrifice your life?"

Arnav now understood the closeness between Khushi and Shyaam. Arnav could feel gratefulness for Shyaam overwhelming his heart suppressing the hate for him.

“Please.... Please don't die... I won't forgive you Shyaam ever.."

Arnav knew it's a thirty minutes travel to the hospital but he was positive he will be there in twenty minutes with the speed he's driving.

“I already owe you for eternity and now you have to get shot in my place."

And Arnav could hear her voice quivering and Arnav was glad he cannot see her pained expression anymore..

Because he knew it's selfish and stupid to think like this in this kind of situation.

But the fact is,

He is jealous.....

He is extremely jealous....

There is no denying the fact...

Yes, he was jealous that he wasn't the one who got shot..

That Shyaam Cool damn bastard stealing all the light and pity from his Khushi....

Arnav knew its terrible of him to think like that in this kind of situation but he can't help it..

“Shyaam....."

Khushi's frantic, desperate voice calling Shyaam over and over were arrows to his heart.

Just when they were near the hospital he heard Shyaam's whispering..

“Pl-please don't cr-cry Khushi... You m-may be married but It's m-my job t-to protect y-you.. always"

And Arnav didn't have to turn around to see Khushi crying.