.01 These Small Towns

The air was chilly on this winter morning in Derry, Maine

The air was chilly on this winter morning in Derry, Maine. A town with secrets so dark that they cloud the town like fog, demons buried beneath the roads, tragedy etched into the walls of every home. Derry, Maine is a town of hopelessness, a place where people come to die. Literally.
As long as Violet could remember she had heard stories of the countless missing people who had one day just disappeared, their bodies were never found. Thankfully no one Violet knew personally has ever gone missing... yet.
She sometimes wondered who would be next, if anyone at all. Perhaps the sweet Thomas boy from down the road, violets first kiss, it would be a shame if he one day disappeared. Or maybe her best friend Georgina, god forbid.
Even Violet herself could be next.
People have been disappearing from Derry for generations, lost and forgotten. Their family's growing old and dying only to be forgotten themselves. This town harbours lost souls.

Violet shook her head free of the depressing and somewhat disturbing thoughts. It's seems her mind has been wandering lately to darker things, maybe it's stress, maybe it's hormones; who's to say really. But for the last couple of weeks Violet has been feeling the ever present, unsettling feeling of eyes on her, like someone is watching her every move from the shadows, always just out of sight and today was no different, as she walked down the street towards to the fair she felt the presence again but of course she couldn't see anyone, the street was deserted.

Shaking her head of the intrusive thoughts she focused on the good things that were in store for her today. Like the unavoidable sugar overdose that was mere minutes away. Today, Derry was holding it's annual Carnival to celebrate the beginning of spring, unfortunately the wether hadn't gotten the memo. Violet silently cursed herself for wearing a dress, the wind wasn't ridiculously strong but it was enough for her to have to constantly hold her dress down so she didn't show her white cotton panties to the world.

Little did she know, as she walked quickly down the road to the fair, pushing her skirt down a pair of eyes were indeed watching her.

-

Pushing her glasses up her nose she strolled though the busy booths, picking up a candy-apple on her way to find Georgina, her cousin, her best-friend.
She smiled warmly at people around, it was nice to see people enjoying themselves. It had been pretty gloomy these last few months with the string of new unsolved disappearances.

Violet takes a large bite from her candy-apple, still scouring the crowd for Georgina, she could be anywhere and Violet had no idea where to start.
After no luck at the booths she decides to head towards the rides, however she is stopped in her tracks as her eyes land on an ominous looking clown lurking by one of the tents. The familiar tingling of fear crept up her spine, as well as... something else.

Her eyes are locked on him, like she couldn't look away. He was oddly mesmerising, standing at at-least six-foot-four, thin but muscular build, lurching stance. But the most peculiar thing about him is his costume. He doesn't look like the basic, overly happy and clumsy circus clown.
This clown is so well put together, from the vintage, albeit dirty clown-suit, to the makeup, painted on nose and fiery red hair. He was intimidating to say the least, but Violet felt heat spread through her body the longer she looked at him. He would terrify the children without doubt, but he intrigued her.

The mysterious clown stares at Violet creepily, a small smirk in the corner of his somewhat abnormally large mouth, his lips seem to stretch wider than usual.

"Violet!"

Violets gaze snaps away from the clown as she looks in the direction of the voice that called her.
She smiles widely as her cousin comes into view, waving her over.
Heading towards her cousin she stops briefly, looking back over her shoulder the clown remains in the same spot, waving slowly at her he smiles, revealing two white buck-teeth.

-

Pennywise had been watching this human for weeks, for what reason he did not know. His mouth watered with the desire to taste her flesh but he held back, the time wasn't right, something about this pretty little human had him reeling with unfamiliar thoughts and feelings.

He had watched one night with curiosity as the girl had laid in bed, watching the picture box, a woman's screams echoed from the box, the black and white picture illuminating her small bedroom in a flickering dark hue.
Pennywise stayed hidden in the shadows, waiting, for what, he wasn't sure.

Moans and the sound of someone choking on blood sounded from the picture box and the pretty girl on the bed shifted uncomfortably.
Perhaps she doesn't like the sight of gore? Pennywise thought to himself, chuckling.
However the smell of fear was almost non existent.

Pennywise creeped further, still staying unseen in the shadows, stopping briefly when the sheets on the bed rustled and the girl sank further into her pillows trying to find a more comfortable position.
It wasn't until the girl began moaning herself that Pennywise stilled completely, head tilted in confusion as he watched the human writhing gently under her sheets, small pants slipping past her lips.
An unfamiliar but delicious scent filled the demons nose and he inhaled it almost greedily, not being able to get enough.
After a short amount of time the girl was physically shaking, letting out a long, high pitched moan. The sweet new smell assaulted his nostrils in waves of complete euphoria, drool poured from his mouth, and he knew in that moment that this human was his and nothing would stand in his way.

• • •

TWO MORE DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN! So have this first sneak peak chapter! Hope it's enough to peak your interest.

Ugh, does anyone else think Pennywise is just super cute? Like fuck me up daddy.

- sadpapi xoxo