Endure it!

"Are you afraid of me?" asked Nate getting ultra close. What the hell.
I was still having problem keeping thoughts of him half naked out of shower, away from my mind and now he decides to hold me from my waist and corner me like that. Hotguy's stubble was brushing against my temple making it hard, concentrating to keep my facial emotions in check. No way was I going to let him know that I really liked him.

Past couple of hours had been like torture sleeping in his bed, smelling his bedding that smelled only hotguy, seeing him out of shower, only some shorts on and now when he touched me, it felt like electricity shooting through my body. No one had ever made me feel that way.

I had to endure this only till the storm was past. But he was so close that I wasn't doing a great job of hiding my emotions. He bent down a little so that he could look into my eyes, his mouth coming deadly close, we were almost close enough when someone knocked on the door.

That made us split apart and I heard Nate curse under his breath. Taking advantage of the diversion, I shot towards the pot while Nate went to the door.

I heard Alix talking to Nate and then Nate shutting the door. He was carrying a tray with chocolate fudge cookies when he entered the kitchen.

Setting the tray down he came towards me and said, "So where were we?"

"Pasta is ready and we should eat it hot." I said quickly trying to prevent him from getting back to where we were.

"Sure" he said smirking. He totally saw through that one. He arranged two marble placemats and got down some white plates and two wine glasses.

He got out some chardonnay and started pouring. Wow! I wanted myself a man like that. He looked so good, helping me arrange the table. We started eating and this went on for some minutes.

"Alix left these cookies for us. She thought you might starve while staying with me." He said pointing towards the tray and laughing. "Thanks for the pasta."

"Your welcome." I said. So we were back to formalities now. Ofcourse by tomorrow I would leave and he would forget me. But I doubted I would be able to forget him.

He caught me looking and I was embarrased at getting caught. But his smile got broader and he said, "You aren't 18 yet right? That's why you are looking so guilty. Drinking with me."

"Wha..? No!! I am 21. And I am not guilty. I am just tensed what hotel I should book for tomorrow."

"Oh." He said his smile vanishing. "Well you could always book a room in Marriette's Inn, at Cadman St. , if you are in such a hurry to go. They always have a room. I am done eating. I am going to my room."  he said getting up suddenly. Why did he seem so angry? What did I say? He left his plate and went upstairs.

Maybe he didn't want me here anymore. I was an unnecessary baggage wasn't I, keeping him away from whatever he came to do here. Maybe he even has a girlfriend.

I plugged in my laptop and started searching for hotels once again. I took Nate up on the suggestion and searched Marriette's Inn. Well it looked a pretty good hotel so I e-mailed  them asking for reservation.

It was 5'oclock by the living room clock and I had been working on some designs for a summer clothing line. I worked as a freelance designer for a clothing firm.

"Do you want something from the stores? I need some batteries so I am going to the supplies store." I looked up hearing Nate. He had shaved. Wearing a navy blue sweatshirt and black super faded jeans, he looked absolutely gorgeous. He was also wearing some motorcycle boots. He was looking like a runway model, ready for his shoot.

"Well I do need to get some stationery items. Denver is so beautiful I would like to sketch it down. Just for my travel journal."

"Well why don't you come with me to the town. I am sure you'll get an art store somewhere for sure." Nate sounded earnest. He really didn't mind my going with him. Maybe his anger had been for some other reason and I thought it was me.

"Well ok. But what about the storm? When is it supposed to hit??" I asked. I had forgotten about the storm.

"Its supposed to hit around midnight. We'll be fine. It won't take us that long." He said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Ok. I'll get ready. I won't take long." And I ran to the bedroom unpacking the suitcase. I got out my ivory blouse and black and white checkered skirt along with some high heeled black booties. I applied some makeup hastily and adding good amount of mascara and eyeliner and some red lipstick. When I was satisfied with my attire I went downstairs trying to fasten my rose gold bracelet.

Two hands took the bracelet clasps from my hand as soon as I reached the bottom stair and started doing them

Two hands took the bracelet clasps from my hand as soon as I reached the bottom stair and started doing them. I looked up. Nate was doing my bracelet while looking at me with and intense look with his eyes with an emotion I couldn't understand.

"I am ready

"I am ready. Can we go?" I asked still take aback by his expression.

Nate just nodded and started going towards the door. I took my black purse and followed him out.