Falling

I don't know what I expected, but I'm sure it wasn't this. My eyes were tightly shut, waiting for something magical to happen. Well, it seems I was wrong. The only "magical" thing that happened, was some kind of zap of electricity that went through my hand.

I slowly opened my eyes, not knowing what to expect. The first thing I saw was Isa, chuckling as he watched my expression.

"What did you think was gonna happen? Did you seriously think we were going to teleport or something?" he said while stifling a laugh.

My face contorted in annoyance. "Well how am I supposed to know? You're the one with powers here."

He the starts to walk away. I was planning on staying in that spot until I got a decent answer, but unfortunately I didn't realise that he was still holding my hand. After taking two steps, he suddenly yanked my arm, causing me to almost fall face first into the dirt.

"Hey! That hurt!" I moan while rubbing my arm. He only gave me a quick glance, and kept walking, dragging me after him. I groaned, but followed. It wasn't like I had much of a choice anyway.

"So... where exactly are we going?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

We seemed to be heading towards some sort of cliffs, but it didn't make any sense. From where I was standing it looked like a dead end.

"Uhh.." I tried showing him that I wasn't very keen, but he payed no attention. I gave up, seeing that he didn't care, keeping my thoughts to myself. 

We have been walking for quite a while, when he abruptly stopped. 

I looked around. 

The view was simply breathtaking, much prettier than my shoes, at which I've been staring for the past hour. I had left home pretty late to begin with, so now it was completely dark outside, the bright stars and half moon being the only source of light, excluding the moonlight reflected by the water from a small lake. The smell of late autumn filled my nostrils as i pulled my jacket closer to myself.

"It's beautiful..." I murmured, almost afraid to break the peaceful silence.

Isa turned towards me with a melancholic look in his eyes.

"Yeah. Very." he whispered back. He let go of my hand and started walking towards the edge of the cliffs. Seeing him so dangerously close to the edge made me uneasy, even though I had no actual reason to care for him. 

Wait. Can death even die? I probably have absolutely no reason to worry, right? And yet even these thoughts couldn't get rid of the bad feeling in my stomach.

"Isa..?" I called out, not taking any chances. "Uh, what are you doing? There's noting bellow the cliffs, other than water, and I'm not thirsty honestly.." I joked, trying to lighten the mood. But yet again, he payed no attention. 

In one quick movement, he turned around, facing me. Putting his hand out towards me, he said "Do you trust me?" 

Looking back to this moment, I don't know what made me change my mind, but I slowly nodded my head. "Yes" I whispered, and took a few steps until I was right in front of him. 

Upon hearing my answer, a mischievous grin spread across his face, making me slightly apprehensive.

 However, I didn't have much time to regret my choice, since the next thing I knew, Isa was holding my hand once again, and we were falling.