5 | "Will you stop staring please?"

~Yasmin’s POV~

      I kept running into the woods around the Light Pack’s village. It was thick and seemed to go on forever and so after a few minutes I had no idea where I was. I didn’t care though. I just needed to get away from that place, those people and… Blake.

      I couldn’t believe what had happened. Looking back on it now, I could see that it probably wasn’t his fault but it annoyed me that he didn’t mention it beforehand.

      I slowed and then sat down at the base of a large tree. I brought my knees into my chest and hugged them close to my body. I liked it here in the forest all alone. It was a great place to just relax and think.

      My mind wandered to a day three years ago.

     I was sitting at home picking out a dress to wear for my aunt’s birthday party. I had spent a good hour dressing myself, applying makeup and doing my hair before heading downstairs to find my mom. I was surprised to see the Alpha there. He hardly ever visited the people unless it was for a very important reason.

      He saw me and smiled. “Hello Yasmin. That dress looks beautiful on you.”

      “Thank you Alpha Paul,” I said. I had to respect him because he was the Alpha and ruled over the village that I lived in.

      My dad gave Paul a hard stare. “I think it’s time for you to leave now, Alpha.”

      I looked at my dad. He had never spoken to anyone in such a cold and hard manner before; it worried me.

      “Not quite yet,” Paul said, without taking his eyes off of me. He took a step towards me but he was blocked off by my dad who stopped him from getting any closer.

      I saw Paul’s eyes lock on my father and fear gripped me.

      “Yasmin honey, why don’t you go back upstairs,” Dad told me.

      “Stay where you are Yasmin,” Paul ordered with his Alpha voice.

      I was helpless to move now that he had exerted his Alpha authority.

      “Dad, what’s going on?” I asked.

      Before he could answer, Paul looked at me and smiled. “What’s going on is that I came here to ask your father your hand in marriage and he refused.”

      “I am not going to marry my daughter off to you, I don’t care if you’re Alpha,” Dad told him. “Yasmin is too young at the moment and she will marry whomever she wants.”

      Paul’s eyes found mine. “But Yasmin does want to marry me, don’t you?”

      I shook my head. “No.”

      His eyes turned black and he let out an almighty roar of anger.

      My mother and little brother Mason came running down the stairs.

      “What’s going on?” my mother asked, fear laced in her words.

      Paul looked at my father. “One more chance old man, marry Yasmin off to me.”