01

josh's pov

"truth or dare?", questioned tyler as he and josh sat on tyler's bed.

"dare", i replied, a mischievous smirk adorned my lips as i did so.

"i dare you...", tyler began, deep in thought, "to kiss me", he finished with a playful smile.

" w-what?", i stuttered questioningly, feeling a rose tint come to my cheeks.

" come on, it's not gonna mean anything, you aren't scared are you?", he challenged, knowing i would never back down from a challenge.

" f-fine", i managed to choke out.

tyler leaned in slowly, as did i. and our lips molded together perfectly.

i grabbed his waist, positioning him on top of my lap, straddling me and deepening the kiss.

my hand went to the hem of his shirt, pulling his shirt off of him as he repeated the action on me.

we were in that position for a while, bodies starting to sweat, occasional moans slipping out in between.

i then started to panic. what would my classmates think? what would my parents think?

i then pushed him off of me.

"what? did i do something wrong", questioned tyler, with a saddened look.

" yes. you need to leave", i said sternly, slightly missing the distance and not really wanting him to leave.

"o-okay, yeah", he said, sadness dripping his voice. "see you tomorrow?".

" ok, yeah", i said, not even bothering to look at the vocally sad boy as he was getting dressed.

"okay... see ya", he replied with disappointment vocally visible in his voice as he began to walk out the door.

"hey tyler", i inquired, hoping he could hear me as my voice was at a near whisper.

" yea josh?", he questioned.

"please don't tell anyone about this", i said, still with a quiet voice.

" i won't", he replied with a slight smile. "bye joshie", he said with a wave, walking out my room.

that was the last time me and tyler hung out, it was the summer proceeding 8th grade year.

i just decided us not talking would be what's best for us at the time.

i didn't know how he really felt.

now he's ran off to who knows where doing who knows what because i decided to leave him, alone with no one else to talk to.

if only i would've stayed with him.

if only i could've let him know how much i lo-

* BRRRINGGG *

the bell shook me out of my thoughts.
i hurried out of class as it was the last class of the day, and i made my way to my locker.

as i made my way over i spotted my red-haired girlfriend of 3 years, debby, standing at my locker.

"hey", she squeaked enthusiastically.

"hey, baby", i replied lowly, pulling her into a hug as i spoke.

"what's your plan for this afternoon?", she asked, pulling out of the hug and batting her eyelashes.

"ehh nothing. i think i'll just take a drive, i feel like thinking", i answered, truthfully.

i really didn't have the urge to hang out with her today. i haven't been having that urge a lot lately, especially since tyler has gone missing.

" oh okay... you free this weekend?", she questioned hopefully.

"yeah sure, but hey, i'll catch up with you later, yea?", i replied, not really wanting to see her this weekend either.

what's wrong with me she's my girlfriend, i love her.

but do i really?

i shook the thought aside as she mumbled an okay in response and pulled me into a farewell hug.

"bye! love you", she said as she started to walk away.

"love you too", i shouted in response, questioning in my mind wether i meant it or not.

🌲

i made my way to the student parking lot near the front of the school, when something caught my eye.

police cars lined the front of the school as tyler's parents were waiting at the front of the school building, chatting with a police officer with a worried expression on both of their faces.

they really think tyler joseph is gonna walk out of that school building, huh?

he hated school, if he were to run away he wouldn't go to the place he loathes oh so deeply.

i stopped staring in fear that they would catch my gaze, and made way to my car.

it was my dads old nissan, and it looked fairly new if i'm being honest.

as i neared the car more, i started to reach for my keys, that was, until, i noticed something odd.

there was a white slip of paper in my windshield.

i opened it, and it contained what looked like a poem.

" if anyone should try and find me

   just know i'm where i wanna be

   i left the house all clean and tidy

    please, come searching, please

    meet me at the playground

    near the pier

    let's see if

    you can sense me near

      - tyler"

(a/n sorry if this is cringe. i put a lot of work into this chapter tho, so please enjoy! if you took the time to read this, i love you and stay amazing babe ❤️)

(also if you recognize some of the words said in tyler's note, this book is loosely based off of jhene aiko's song "jukai". i highly recommend it :) oki i'll leave you alone bye)