02

.
.
.
Josh's POV

"what the fuck am i doing?"

i whispered to myself as i made way to the pier that tyler claimed he wants to meet me.

how do i know that this is even actually tyler? what if someone's just playing some prank.

that's not a good prank.

i'm nearing the pier as it's probably only 15 mins from the school, but no sign of tyler.

two old guys fishing.

two young boys running up and down the boardwalk.

no tyler.

i decided to park my car and take a small walk down the pier because i'm bored with my life.

i get good grades, have a beautiful girlfriend, a loving family, and i shouldn't be bored with my life.

but i am.

i start nearing the edge of the boardwalk when i feel a tiny hand pull at the hem of my shirt.

"hi mister, do you know a tyler?"
said the small boy whom i saw playing with another earlier.

he has a big forehead.

wow.

"yes i do know a tyler, have you seen him?", i said squatting a bit to get to the young boys level.

"no but i found a note where you were standing a few minutes ago, it has his name on it", he said handing me the note.

"brendonnnnnnn we have to go, papa pete and papa pat said so", the boy who was playing with him earlier chimed in.

"i'm coming ryan sheesh", he replied, running off.

the two old guys left, who i now know as papa pete and papa pat.

the two boys playing left.

it was getting dark out.

i was alone.

with my thoughts and another poem.

i opened the neatly folded paper and read.

" oblivion.

wish i could go back

to nothing

oblivion.

wish i could go back

to knowing

sweet oblivion

there's no loving without losing

there's no living without bruising

there's no limit no delusion

sweet oblivion.

- tyler "

a picture of the park where we used to play as kids fell out of the fold.

i assume that's where i'm headed next on this wild goose chase.

i just hope tyler is okay.

(a/n firstly i would like to say sorry for the short chapter/filler/overall disappointing chapter i just really wanted to update. secondly i wish i could rewrite the first chapter in regards to the poem. it's very cringe to me and it doesn't play in the story at all. well not anymore at least, i'm going into a completely different direction with this story than i was when i started ughhhh this is going to have to undergo major editing where am i even going with this story i'm a horrible writer okay bye love you all.)