055

The truth was, now he had more problems than he used to have before. He hadn't known how to tell the others about the accident in the first place. He really hadn't planned on lying to them, it just happened like a leave falling down from a tree to the ground due to the wind blowing through its branches. There was no way he could have been honest to them, he panicked and it wasn't like he had lied to them, he just haven't been completely honest, tried to mend the truth so nobody would get hurt. In fact he had been honest. For the past few days the doctors hadn't been able to tell him whether his brother would wake up anytime soon or not. Seokjin's body had just been too weak due to all the all-nighters he had pulled throughout the last few weeks. Curse Seokjin and his desperate need to get everything done within a few hours, instead of taking his time and actually getting some well-deserved rest for once. Nope. That just wasn't Seokjin's style. Namjoon knew his brother was hurting himself, it was pretty obvious after all. However, his brother had never been one to actually listen to him. Not when they were kids, not when their parents first started to take their shit out on them and especially not now since they were living together on their own. Seokjin would always look out for him, would always do everything for Namjoon. In Seokjin's mind Namjoon would probably always be the little boy that needed protection, and it hurt Namjoon on a level he couldn't even put into words.

However, all of this didn't matter now that he had to find a way to tell the others that his brother was in fact alright, but had simply forgotten about them. Nobody knew if he would ever get his memories back. Not Namjoon. Not the doctors. Nobody. Reality was a bitch and its mission obviously was to make Namjoon's life as hard as it could get. First it started with his parents who thought he and his brother had to take over the world of economics and all that shit, then his brother who would treat him as his little, innocent brother for the rest of his life, and now he had to deal with five, or rather four people who would have to understand that there was a possibility that Seokjin would never be the same again. Of course they could get to know each other again, but that surely wouldn't be easy as there would be quite some lack of emotion from Seokjin's side and way too much emotion from the others' side. Great. Besides that, he also had to find a solution on how to tell his brother that they were moving to Seoul even though he never wanted to go there again. Namjoon was basically screwed more ways than just one. Yay him.

Also, he was low-key terrified of how Tae and Jiminie would react to him telling them the truth, the whole truth. Surely they would jump up in ecstasy. Note the sarcasm. However, knowing that Seokjin was alright was good, right? Right? Namjoon wasn't too sure about that. No matter how many times he told himself that they would understand, it just wasn't right in the end. He should have told them the whole truth from the beginning. Hoseok was right, he had to tell them. However, first he had to find a way to deal with his brother, who was checked by another doctor for the last time before they could finally go home.

When Namjoon entered the examination room, Seokjin was sitting on examination table, his eyes wide open as the doctor checked his eyes' responses. As soon as the doctor took a few steps back, Seokjin's eyes were on him, a soft smile on his lips. Namjoon felt something tugging on his heart and he honestly felt like crying, though he forced himself to smile back. He had to make sure his brother was feeling okay. His own feelings could wait for a while longer, at least until they were home.
"Joonie, where have you been?" Seokjin asked, the smile still on his face. Namjoon walked towards him, ruffling his hair as he arrived beside him.
"I've been talking to the doctors, Jinnie. I can take you home now." Seokjin let out a relieved sigh at that. He then looked up at Namjoon and soon after got up. Beside them the doctor said something, but neither of them listened as they were both lost in thoughts. Seokjin was still wondering how he had ended in the hospital. Namjoon had told him about the accident, though he couldn't remember at all. At the same time Namjoon was still busy thinking of ways on how to talk to his brother and afterwards to his friends, his family. He was so screwed.