Heartbreak Girl // Ivan

"Noah, we're done!" I shouted, finally being pushed over the edge.
"You don't get to decide that!" he shouted back.
"Actually, I do. I'm not letting you control me anymore!" I snapped.
"Fine, go! We'll see how long it takes you to come running back like you always do," he said snarkily.

I had been in a relationship with him for almost a year now. We met in high school, went to prom, and everything was perfect. But after a while things started going downhill. I would see him talking to other girls, never making time for me, and we just didn't get along anymore. But every time I tried to get away, he found a way to scare me into coming back and reel me back into the same cycle over and over.

"You don't even have anywhere to go, you have no friends," he laughed, walking to the island in the kitchen and taking another sip of the fifth beer bottle he had opened in the past hour.
"I hate you," I spat as I grabbed my purse and walked out of the house onto the street.

Tears started streaming from my face, and I was angry at myself for crying. I didn't want him anymore, I didn't need him anymore, but the memories of the good times were things that always seemed to leave a scar. 
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts, trying to find someone that would be able to help me right now. Like Noah said, I had nowhere to go.
I stopped scrolling when my finger landed on Ivan Martinez, the boy who had become my best friend after only knowing each other for a short period of time. I took a deep breath and clicked call, listening to the phone ring and waiting for him to pick up.

"Y/N?" he asked, his voice groggy and confused.
"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked, wiping the tears from my eyes.
"It's okay, are you okay?" he asked.
"Can you come get me?" I asked, feeling really bad asking him a favor this late.
"Of course, where are you?" he asked.
"Noah's."
"That dick," you heard Ivan mutter under his breath before telling you he'd be there soon and hanging up, leaving you alone on the side of the street once again.

I tried to compose myself as I waited for Ivan to show up, not wanting him to see me cry over Noah again. I knew getting away from him was a good thing, but the fear and pain that he's constantly made me face was always enough to bring me to tears. Ivan has seen it before, and he knew this was better for me too. I don't know why I stayed with him as long as I did, it made me feel very stupid but the truth was that I was scared of what he would do if I left. He went from being the dream boyfriend in high school to an utter nightmare.

Ivan's car pulled up and I picked myself up off the sidewalk, getting into the passenger seat. I sniffled and Ivan looked over at me, a look of concern spread across his face.
"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" he asked frantically, reaching his hand over to touch my arm lightly.
"Can we just go?" I asked quietly, not wanting to talk about it until I was somewhere where Noah wasn't within close proximity.

Emilio

The drive back to the house was quiet, Y/N's occasional sniffles being one of the only sounds the whole way. My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, knuckles turning white. It took a lot for me to not get out of the car and go punch Noah for hurting Y/N yet another time.

I pulled into the driveway and ran over to Y/N's side, opening the door and picking her up in my arms.
"Emilio," she chuckled.
"Just let me carry you," I smiled, kicking the door shut and carrying her into the house and up to mine and Ivan's room which was currently empty.

I've had feelings for Y/N since I met her, but of course I never told her that. She had always had a boyfriend. I always wished I could have her, because I knew I could treat her so much better. Noah didn't deserve someone so amazing, and she deserved better than that asshole. Through all the times I've been on the phone with Y/N late at night or sat with her while she cried just made my hatred for Noah grow more and more. I wanted Y/N happy, and I wanted her happy with me.

I brought her up to my room and gave her clothes to change into. She went to the bathroom quickly and walking back in, wiping fresh tears from her eyes.
"Y/N," I sighed, walking over to her and wiping the tears from her cheeks.
"I hate him," she choked, wrapping her arms around me and letting all her tears go. I rubbed her back and told her everything would be okay now that he was gone.

"You should get some sleep," I said after she had calmed down a bit. I let her go in my bed and I planned on sleeping on the floor. She cuddled herself up in the blankets and I got my sleeping arrangement ready.
"Emi?" she asked, her face poking out from the covers.
"Yeah?"
"What are you doing?" 
"Getting ready to sleep," I answered.
"Are you kidding me? Get in here, it's your bed, you're sleeping in it," she said, opening the covers so I could lie down beside her.
"I just didn't know if it was okay," I shrugged.
"Of course it is, come on," she smiled.

I lied down next to her and she was facing me on her side, a weak smile spread across her face, her eyes red and puffy from crying. She was still the most beautiful girl I had seen.
Before I could say anything else to her, her eyes were shut and her breathing had steadied. I watched her sleep, admiring her brown hair and delicate skin as she breathed calmly.

I loved this girl, but she had no idea.