5

Colleen's POV

I walk back home. The snow is starting to get a little worse. I realize that I left my phone at Maya's house. I walk back over there and it is freezing. That is a huge thing I am not going to miss about California, the no snow. It will be interesting trying to shovel. I'm loving life!

I knock on the door and explain what happened. I go up to Maya's room and grab my phone. As I'm saying goodbye, a alarm comes on Maya's phone:

"Severe Weather Alert: The snow storm is much worse and no one is allowed to come out of their houses. You will get frost bite in just a few minutes. DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!"

I get worried. "I can still walk over to my house, right," I ask starting to get scared.

"No. No one can leave," Linda says and she walks into the room.

"How long does this usually last? Rachel, Kory, Gus, and Daisy are at my house," I ask.

"It depends. Sometimes a few hours. Normally a few days," Maya adds. I start to panic. There is not enough food at my house for a few days.

"What am I going to do? What is my sister going to do? I am from California. I am not used to the snow or snowstorms. I have never lived in a place where it snows before," I say starting to panic.

"Well, you are going to have to stay here. We don't have another room available. You are going to have to bunk with Maya," Linda tells me. A saw another room. I wonder why I can't stay there.

"What about the other room," I say and Maya starts to look depressed.

"No. That's my sister's room," she says kind of sad.

"Oh. Where is your sister? At a friend's house," I ask.

"No. She's in heaven. She died 3 years ago from cancer," she says sadly. I feel so bad. I wish I didn't question it. I say I am sorry. Her mom brings me downstairs and we get some hot chocolate.

———————————————————
I hope you like this story. Comment what you think. Please vote!

Also, if you are not subscribed to Colleen, Rachel, Kory, and every other Ballinger, go follow them right now. They are awesome and talented.