Chapter 3

Here we are! I was going to try and set a schedule for posting updates, but I've just decided to post as I finish writing things. Everything is outlined out, it's just a matter of getting it all written out.

So, for background. This came to me a few weeks after watching the Revival. I thought it would be interesting to explore the idea of the Revival with an added layer: a secret marriage. To now and through this chapter, it's what comes before the Revival. After this one, we'll do a time jump to after the revival and the revelation of the pregnancy and marriage.

Please let me know what you think!

-----------------------------------------------

Rory stared at Logan. "You cannot be serious."

"As a heart attack," he told her. "Just hear me out, okay?"

Rory's heart sped up. She honestly couldn't believe that he was proposing this to her, especially after all these years. But, there was also a part of her that was quite excited that he still wanted to marry her all these years later.

"It's obvious that we still have quite a bit of chemistry between the two of us. And I think we both still have feelings for each other, am I right?"

Rory nodded and Logan continued. "Why shouldn't we get married? I was so stupid all those years ago when I made you go all or nothing. I should have understood you weren't ready. And, you might not be now. But that doesn't mean that I'm not willing to fight for you. I want to be with you and only you, Rory. If we get married, we don't have to worry about all that other stuff. We can just be married."

Logan paused and looked at her, waiting for her response. After a few minutes of silence, she said, "But, Logan, I still don't see how that will work. And your family! Oh my gosh, what would your dad say? I don't think it's a good idea."

Logan sighed. "I agree with you there. It won't be easy. But, I think we can do it. I mean, you were there through the botched business deal and were ready to support me when I broke free of my father. How is that any different from this?"

It was Rory's turn to sigh. "Logan, I would love to marry you. I wanted to marry you back then. But, I just don't see how that would work. I would be expected to stop working or I would get jobs simply because of the fact that we're married. I don't know if I can live with either of those options."

"Then don't."

"Logan! Be serious!"

"I am! We can get married, but what if we don't tell anyone? Just do it for ourselves. Then, you don't have to worry about not having steady work and I can just go on with my life. It takes away all the power that my father holds over me and he won't even know it. We can get married here and, when we're ready, we can go public with it."

"A secret marriage? That's your solution?"

"Rory, come on. Think about it, seriously think about it. Tell me that it doesn't make sense. We want to be together. We won't be able to just date because once our families catch wind, we'll never hear the end of it. Your grandparents will go crazy trying to plan a wedding, your mother will go crazy probably trying to break us up, and my father will do anything to make sure nothing comes from it. If we get married, we don't have to tell them. I have my own lawyers who can help handle all the paperwork and make it so my dad and no one else will be privy to it. It can totally work."

Logan was silent again, allowing Rory to think about it some more. It was definitely a crazy idea. Having a secret marriage? It's right out of a book! But, it could also work. That's what made it so crazy.