9. New Assingnments & After School Plans

Wow. It really has been a while since my last upload. I don't really have much of an excuse, except that I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to write anything. That and I have been busy with University stuff (man, forms are so boring and damn right confusing at times).

But anyway, here's the next part. Not much to say. Sorry if it's not that long and it is a bit of a filler, but hopefully the next one will live up to expectations.

You know what to do: vote, comment, etc.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________

The next morning I was surprised to see Suze sill in the kitchen as I grabbed a glass of orange juice and an apple. She was usually out before I was even awake, along with Simon at her heels.

"Morning," I mumbled quietly as I finished off my drink. Suze looked up from her newspaper she was reading.

"Oh, morning," she replied, looking back as she spared me a seconds glance. Unfazed by her reaction, I bit into my apple, whilst making sure I had my i-pod in my jacket pocket.

"The money was still on the counter this morning. Did you not eat last night?"

"Huh?" I said, shocked she was even starting a conversation with me in the first place. She held up two twenty dollar bills that she must have left on the counter yesterday. "Oh, I went to friend's house instead," I responded vaguely. There was no way I was going to mention Alec. I didn't have it in me to have an argument so early in the morning.

"Melissa's?" I could see her drawn on eyebrows raised to merge with her dyed blonde hair line.

"No. Other friends."

"Which friends? Do I know them?" Anyone could her the obvious curiosity in her voice, but here, most people would make the mistake of thinking that she was genuinely interested. But, as was usually the case, all she cared for was social appearance. Whether these 'other friends' had rich parents which Simon and herself could socialize with. I honestly think that she might have burst an aneurism if she knew that the real 'other friends' consisted of band members who practiced in Trang's working class parent's garage.

"No. You don't know them. Bye." And having said this, I rushed to the door not wishing to be interrogated about the people I talked to. It would only lead to another reason to add to my ever growing list of flaws.

Classes passed by quickly and it wasn't long until I was in our mixed art and photography class, which luckily, was before lunch today.

"So class, today I'll be assigning a new photography project, which you will all have a month to complete," spoke Miss. Kimba. I always loved this class, and Miss. Kimba only added to my love for it. She was a beautiful woman, and everyone, both students who knew her and the teachers, thought so. She was a tall, Afro-Caribbean woman, who held an almost regal mysterious air about her, which her smoky voice only increased. She was warm and clearly loved her career choice, as she talked with such passion when it came to art.

"Now, for the project, you will have to capture what the meaning of what happiness and freedom means to you, as an individual. I want a wide selection of photo's and also a description of why the photo's mean that way to you."

I looked around the class and saw a few people whispering to their friends eagerly and others with looks of delight on their faces. I however, was at a loss. What did happiness and freedom mean to me? I hadn't felt true happiness in really long time. And freedom? With my home situation? I felt trapped.

I sat contemplating my project for so long, I didn't notice the bell had already rang and everyone was making their way out of the classroom.

"Nina, are you coming?"