Chapter Twenty Two

****WARNING- This building is going to contain experiments that Hydra is working on to try and develop a succesful mutant. there will be gruesome scenes. please read at your own risk. i am not doing this to gross you out, i just want you to fully comprehend how utterly sick Hydra is. if you don't like it, please don't read it!*************

*Natasha's POV*

Sarah followed me, and we neared the back of the building. From here, I could see around twenty men all lifting boxes covered in sheets in and out of cars. There was a door to our right that was being propped open with a doorstop, and I crept closer to examine it. It led into a small room, but that wasn't the disturbing part.

The disturbing part was the sounds coming from the room. I heard growling, barking, snarling...and screaming.

I looked back at Sarah, and she gave me a worried glance. I turned back around as a worker came out of the room, and I ducked behind a bush, pulling Sarah with me. I looked through the leaves and saw a terrifying sight.

The man was carrying something; and the something was a bloody girl. She couldn't have been any older than twenty. She was completely mutilated, and it looked like she had been dead for a long time. I bit my lip and looked away. I couldn't bear to watch him dump her body.

She looked so young.

I crawled as far from the sick man as I could. Hydra was taking people, kidnapping them, and experimenting on them, trying to get a succesful mutant. They were sacrificing people to raise an army. It was beyond sick; It was the worst kind of torture I could imagine. We didn't need to examine the place any more- we needed to blow it up and run.

I vowed right then and there that i would personally lead anyone involved in this straight to the gates of hell.

--

Me and Sarah ran away from the building as fast as possible, running through the fence and around the infrared lines. Sarah collapsed to her knees, and started retching. My mind raced and I became frantic.

She was so young. She looked like she used to be pretty. How long has she been there? Did she have a family? How long did she suffer?

why did they do that to her?

why?!

Bucky lifted Sarah up, and Steve put his arm around me. Sarah stopped throwing up and buried herself in Bucky's chest. His strong, firm arms held her tightly as she stopped shaking. He was saying something to her.

"Sarah? Sarah what did you see?"

She looked at him, her eyes wide.

"Bucky. The girl. She was dead, bloody. The screams I heard, Buck. They are torturing people and animals in there. Bucky, th-the girl..." she stuttered.

Steve pulled me close, but it wasn't close enough. I could still see her, the image was burned into my eyes.

"The man dragged a dead girl out of the building. She was bloody, and had been dead for a while. I only got a short glance at her. Workers were carrying things in and out, and the noises coming from inside the building were not human. I think Sarah is having a panic attack." I told them. Tony rushed forard, and began talking to Sarah softly. She visibly relaxed.

"I know what panic attacks are like. After New York, I got them a lot." Tony said gravely. Steve looked at me.

"Let's g-"

He was interrupted by the sound of guns, and they were very close. All our noise must've alerted them to shoot.We immediately dropped to the ground, and I grabbed my gun tightly, listening. Tony quickly put on his suit, along with Sam. Bucky was cradling Sarah against him. Sarah wasn't weak at all, but for someone who's never been in combat before, she has seen way too much. Even a combat veteran would have shuddered at the sight of the dead girl. You can imagine how bad it was for Sarah.

I heard yelling and shouting, and I knew we had to move quickly or we would be killed. I stood up and bolted, praying that the others would take the hint and follow. Luckily, they did, and we all ran for our lives.

We were faster than our attackers, and soon we could no longer hear gunshots. For now, we were in the clear.

I sought out a dense patch of plants, and we sat down to rest for a little.

"We need to blow it up." I said, the second I got my breath back. They looked at me in bewilderment. But Sarah, who was sitting in Bucky's arms, nodded.

"But what if there are people in there that n-"

"No." I interrupted Sam. "Those things are being tortured. There is nothing that can help them besides death. Everything in that building needs to be destroyed and buried forever." I stated firmly, but everyone looked skeptical.

How was i supposed to explain to them the horrifc things I saw and heard?

"She is right. Don't even try to argue. You guys didn't see the things we did." Sarah said, her eyes completely devoid of emotion. Bucky was looking at her with a frown on his face.

"How would we blow it up?" Steve asked. I don't think he liked this idea. And I have to admit, it wasn't one of my better plans, but we needed to eliminate everyone in or around that building. Everyone then turned to Tony.

"Ohhhh no. I got OUT of the weapons industry. I am NOT getting back into it!" He said, holding his hands up. I glared at him, clenching my teeth so hard I thought I was going to break a tooth.

"That building needs to go. There are hundreds of creatures in there being endlessly tortured, experimented on, and killed right now, by people who don't give a shit about life. You are just going to LET that continue just because you don't like weapons?!" I seethed. Steve grabbed my arms and held me back. I blinked, and realized I had moved to stand over Tony. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, and sat down. He sighed.

"Look, I don't know what you saw in there. But if we ever want the public to think we are on the good side, or to think that we protect them, we can't just go around blowing things up. Whatever that building is harboring needs to be eradicated, yes. Blown up? No. We need to find a way to fix things, without mass destruction, that can be explained to the public." Stark said, and I looked down. It's the right way to handle the situation, and I know it. But I also know that there is a ninety percent chance that won't work. Steve nodded, putting a hand on my back.

"Tony's right, Nat. I'm sorry, but we can't just blow it up." He told me softly. I nodded.

I just hope we can fix this soon, before they actually get an experiment right.

---

A.N.

THREE UPDATES IN A DAY OMFG

-jordan💕