Chapter Thirty

*Steve's POV*

"Everyone know the plan?" I asked, picking up my shield and putting it on my arm. I heard various 'yes's' in reply, and heard a whirring sound. I turned and saw Tony putting on his suit, as was Sam, and Sarah and Natasha were loading up their various guns. Bucky was putting his larger gun on the slot on his back, and took the safety off of his handheld gun.

I walked ahead, making my way through the forest as everyone followed. We walked about a mile and a half, back to where the very first house we stayed in was. Now it was a pile of rubble kudos to Godzilla.

I stopped there briefly, searching through the rubble for a little, trying to find any old clothes that were salvageable. I found none.

We kept walking, and we got to the road where the trucks carrying supplies to Hydra were driving. The road was made of dirt and gravel, and there were forests on both sides of it. We hid behind some trees, and Tony threw sharp pieces of metal onto the road, initiating the first part of the plan.

A truck came slowly down the road, and ran right over the metal spikes. The tires popped and the truck shuddered to a stop. The men inside jumped out cursing, and went around to look at the tires, when Bucky came out and attacked them. He was our secret weapon.

His fighting style was sneaky, ruthless and downright astounding. I think he is better at combat than I am. He punched the first guy in the jaw, and kicked the other one's head. The first guy he hit stood up and tried a roundhouse kick to Bucky's side, and Bucky grabbed the guys leg and threw him to the ground. He kicked the guys head and knocked him out. Then we came out of the bushes, dragging the guys' bodies into the woods. Natasha got into the truck and drove it through the trees to hide it from any Hydra agents. Tony replaced the metal spikes, and we waited for the next car.

We did this for another three cars, and then walked over to where we were keeping the trucks. Sam opened the doors to the first truck, and Tony walked into it, examining the contents inside.

"Well, we certainly hit the jackpot." He said, holding up one of at least a hundred boxes that were all full of vials.

"The vials contain every kind of cell enhancing drug there is. They must've run out, and were getting a new shipment today. This is definitely going to bring them out." He continued. We checked the other cars, and they contained more drugs and some food as well.

We were rifling through the things we found when we heard another car coming. I crept closer and looked through the branches of the trees, seeing a flatbed pickup truck coming down the dirt path. It had a tarp covering the back, and I suddenly had a very bad feeling that there was a mutant under it.

Bucky walked closer to the road, preparing to get rid of the guys. When the spikes popped the tires and the men got out, he took them out immediately. Nat drove the car into the woods, and my suspicions were confirmed when I took the tarp off.

A young girl was lying on the back of the flatbed, tied to the sides of the truck.

"Oh my god." Sarah murmured, staring at the girl in shock. I glanced back at everyone.

"I knew Hydra was evil, but this evil??" Sam exclaimed.

I rushed to untie the poor girl, who was lying motionless. I untied the rope with the help of the others, and nudged her, trying to wake her up.

The girl's eyes shot open, and she began looking around frantically, struggling to sit up. She was very weak, and when she spotted us, her eyes widened in panic.

"Calm down, we don't want to hurt you." Sarah told her, stepping forward and smiling warmly. The girl froze, and her chest rose up and down rapidly.