Part 4

Draco had avoided him again, the entire day. Not that Harry could easily escape the hovering crowd that seemed to follow him around ever since the entire breakfast fiasco. Even the Ravenclaw boy giving himself a concussion didn't dissuade five other students from trying to kiss him, four girls and one bloke, none of who even got close but also managed not to injure themselves.

Harry squirmed restlessly where he lay on top of his bed. He had originally thought to have an early night but was pretty certain he wouldn't be able to sleep. He grabbed the marauders map and unfolded it on his chest, looking over the castle. With the seventh and eighth years on a constricted curfew and it getting near ten, the rest of the student's curfew, the hallways were nearly empty.

Harry was about the close the map when he saw something utterly unexpected, Draco Malfoy, at the top of the astronomy tower. He flung himself out of bed, only pausing to grab his cloak and hurrying down the stairs. In the common room, Ron and Hermione were curled up together on one of the smaller couches by the fire.

"I'm going out," Harry told them.

Hermione's brow furrowed, "What for?"

Harry grinned, "I've got a temple to visit. Gods to pray to, that sort of thing."

"Good luck then, with your 'praying'," Ron finger quoted.

Hermione rolled her eyes and added, "Don't get caught."

"Me?" Harry scoffed, "Never. I'm the master of subterfuge."

Harry slipped out the portrait, pulling the cloak around him as he hurried down the hallways to the base of the tower. He checked the map one more time, just to make sure he wouldn't be climbing the stairs for nothing, then made his way up the winding steps. He took his cloak off before stepping out onto the landing.

Draco was all wrapped up in a fur-lined cloak, leaning against the stone parapet staring gloomily into the middle distance. A cold breeze was tugging at his hair, swirling it out of place, making him looked windswept and ethereal under the light of a gibbous moon.

Harry cast a warming charm over himself as he crossed the distance.

Draco turned at the sound of him approaching, everything about him growing guarded as he recognized Harry, "Potter. What are you doing up here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Harry said, "Seems like the sort place you'd avoid."

Draco shuddered, turning back to the parapet, bracing his arms on the top and looking out at a black horizon. "I asked you first," he said sullenly.

"Couldn't sleep," Harry said half-way truthfully, leaning on the wall.

"I said I had nothing to do with it," Draco said.

Harry's brow furrowed and then he blinked, "Oh! You mean the article. I know Pansy wrote it. I talked to her."

Instead of helping, this only seemed to make Draco bristle more, "She didn't do anything wrong! She-"

"I know."

"-just wants to be a!-" Draco froze, "You know?"

"It was an alright article. It's all true anyway." Harry said, glancing over at Draco.

Draco stared at him with wide eyes, "It is? You really can't kiss anyone?"

"There's one," Harry said.

Draco frowned, "Well, good luck with that," he said bitterly.

Harry looked away, a faint and unfamiliar pain lodging in his chest.