Part 6

"Mr Potter!"

Pansy's all too chipper voice cut through Harry's thoughts like a hot knife through butter. He stopped and half turned as she raced up with a cheerful, and terribly fake smile.

"Could I interview you, Mr Potter?" Pansy asked, "You did say-" she broke off with a meaningful look.

"Can you stop calling me Mr Potter?" Harry asked.

Pansy nodded without hesitation, "Harry? Potter? What would you prefer?"

"Potter, I suppose. It's what I'm used to."

Pansy leaned forwards slightly, "So? Interview?"

Harry sighed, "How much say do I get about what you write?"

Pansy's eyes narrowed slightly before she covered up the expression with another cheerfully fake smile, "I'll give you one veto. I'll let you look at my notes and you can get rid of one thing if you like," she sniffed imperiously, "but that's only if this is absolutely exclusive, deal?"

Pansy raised an eyebrow and extended her hand.

Harry hesitated for a second before reaching out to take it, "Alright. I've got a free period now before my last class so-"

Pansy cast a tempus charm so quick her wand was only a blurred twitch before it disappeared u her sleeve again. She glared at the time, latched her hand around Harry's wrist and dragged him into the nearest empty room. The door slammed shut behind them followed by a locking and silencing charm as Pansy sat on top of a desk and pulled out a piece of parchment and a peacock quill that had been charmed pink to float beside her, poised to write.

"First off, thank you for granting me this interview, Mr Potter," Pansy said brightly, her eyes watching the quill to make sure it was transcribing everything before she focused her attention on him.

"Err... sure?" Harry said, feeling a little off balance at the sudden change in tone. He leaned against an empty desk, dropping his bag on the ground by his feet.

Pansy nodded absently, watching the quill again, "Every wizard-born has grown up hearing bedtime stories of the story of the Princess and the Priestess but now it's come to play out right in front of us in the life of our own Harry Potter, saviour of the wizarding world."

Harry frowned at the description.

Pansy smiled wickedly at his discomfort but her tone stayed professional, "But this isn't a fairy story and Harry Potter is just a person." She paused and cleared her throat as she folded her hands neatly together above her knee, "So, how are you feeling since news of your condition came out?"

Harry gave her a funny look, "It's not a disease."

Pansy frowned faintly at herself, grabbing the quill and scratching out a few lines. "Right, forget about that." Her frown furrowed faintly and she hazarded, a great deal more carefully, "Would you say- Would you confirm earlier reports about your inability to kiss anyone are true?"

"They are," Harry said a little reluctantly.

Pansy nodded, "In the wake of this reporter's last story, Mr Potter has been inundated by those wishing to test their luck. Despite Headmistress McGonagall's best efforts students have continually attempted to kiss Mr Potter without his consent, disrupting both his life and those of other students."

"Usually-" Harry cut in, "-interviews have a lot more questions in them."

"Oh shut up," Pansy snapped and then grabbed the parchment again with a scowl and scratched that out. "Fine. I'll just ask a lot of questions then and work out the article later."