The Heirs

They are the royal amongst all the classes in this modern society. They are known as untouchables and too fragile to touch yet castaway from anyone and anything below them. They play with their cash while others die to have one in their hands. They have wads of money ready in their pockets while others barely have coins clinking in their wallets. They have countless wealth while others struggle to have it their entire life. They sleep in their bed of treasures while all these people below them, looking up to them, barely acquire a cushion to have a good night sleep. They are the luckiest people of this world, and so the common public believes. They are often referred to as the Rich Society.

Rich Society, often times being stereotyped as selfish people who know nothing but earning money and looking down on poor life as peasants. Sadly, what these judgmental people are unaware of is the actual life of the rich society hiding behind the walls of money. Truly, the underprivileged do suffer things that the rich society might not feel but the same goes for the rich people. For the poor knows none of the endeavors behind all these treasures, they are ignorant of their kinds, oblivious of their human emotions.

Yes, the rich society doesn't only compose of selfish group that most of the public constantly presumes. It comprises different kinds of people like how the general community works. There are good and there are bad, there's the bright side and there's the dark side. The rich society works like this, contrasts and contradictions, equally and likewise to any other individual.

"Good morning Miss Jennie. Welcome to World Hotel." The receptionists in unison brightly greeted this gracious yet chic-looking lady whom they respectfully named with a formal bow.

Walking courteously, the lady named Jennie in her stylish casual outfit returns the same bright morning smile as she greets them back, "Good morning. Have a nice day and don't strain yourself too much!"

"Wow, you sure are popular in this place huh? Everyone's bowing down on you. As expected from the daughter of a great man, you're such an eye candy." Her amazed companion commented upon noticing the staffs and other servants waving and greeting her humbly.

Jennie titters while they continue marching forward into the expansive yet crowded lobby, "Of course Nayeon. We own this hotel in the first place. Everyone knows me here except for some of these guests wondering around."

World Hotel, a place compared to a paradise, to an Eden where everything's heaven-like, from its structure to its services. The superior ambiance, the premium amenities they can offer, the top class services they can render, all these world class features they can provide are to satisfy and delight these guests and visitors, may it be local or foreign people, to snatch the satisfaction and total quality management that any topnotch business can offer.

"Look who's here, isn't it the World Hotel's sole heir, Miss Jennie Kim?" Someone praised.

Jennie swiftly tilted her head around reaching that foreign husky voice with an accent of an old man. Though puzzled for she cannot recognize this old man in his exclusive business suit with his well-dressed wife, so Jennie presumed, she still smiled back at them and formally initiates a handshake saying in her fluent English, "Ah yes. I am Jennie Kim and it's so nice to meet you. Excuse my rudeness but may I ask who are you might be? And also, I apologize for wearing so casually right now. I just actually passed by here to give something to my father real quick in his office."

Then his wife softly accepts and acclaims, "Oh please don't apologize. It's alright. We understand that. Besides, you look so lovely and adorable even with your casual outfit. You're such a one fine lady, I have to say. Your parents must be so proud of you."

"T-thank you." Jennie uttered in a flush.

"I see you haven't talked to your father about us yet." The old man smirked and Jennie can only stretch out her lips while staring back at his amused eyes. "We're the Manoban from Thailand and we're here to talk about some business proposals we have in our minds with your father. You know, we might often see each other soon." He then said to clear things up for Jennie's muddled mind.