Annabeth Won't Give Up

"So what's your plan? What's going to happen next?" Annabeth asked, breaking the calm after the storm.

The storm came the moment Perseus had announced Gaea was the enemy, both Reyna and Annabeth being the trusting individuals they are immediately believed his word. They even acted all helpless and damsels for Perseus to save...

Nah. The storm was actually them shooting him with questions and disbelief. Both Reyna and Annabeth literally took turns.

"What are you talking about?"
"A primordial?"
"You mean Terra?"
"The primordial of earth?"
"How do you know this?"
"How can we trust this information is true?"
"You want us to believe that after the battle with Krios on Mount Tam there is another?"

"You battled Krios? On Mount Tam?" Annabeth had questioned, breaking the spitfire of questions. She just turned towards Reyna, completely forgetting about Perseus and the current situation.

Reyna looked surprised. "Perseus mentioned it earlier."

"He hasn't told me exactly who he is, why should I trust him. I know that we were told that Mount Othrys crumbled when Kronos was defeated, but nothing else. Why should I believe a total stranger."

"Aren't I a total stranger?"

"I've met you before and I know your heritage. Unlike secretive Perseus."
Reyna smiled before her face smoothed back to a neutral and calculating look. "Jason Grace led the legion and defeated Krios himself." She answered after a quick heartbeat.

"Grace?" Annabeth choked slightly.
"Yes? My fellow praetor, who still doesn't know about all of this."
"But-"

"Which reminds me." Perseus suddenly spoke, forcing the two camp leaders back to the original discussion. "The reason I haven't let the son of Jupiter into this meeting is because of his heritage." He spoke to Reyna.

"Are you saying Thalia has a brother?"
"Who?"
"I told you of a new war against a primordial and you're talking about a praetor's blood relation to the lieutenant of Artemis?"

Annabeth couldn't believe what she was hearing. All those times she had ranted to Luke and Thalia about her brother problems, Thalia had a secret sibling no one knew about.

"The lieutenant of Diana is Jason's sister?" Reyna questioned instead of answering.

"You haven't met her yet and that's the reason why." Perseus sighed.
"Jason?" Both girls countered.

He smiled. "Yes. Romans and Greeks were separated for a long time. The last time they were together," His eyes had a faraway look in them. "There was bloodshed. Chiron and Lupa decided to keep them apart about a century ago. Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter have lived without knowing the others existence until now." Perseus focused back to the conversation. "That's where the war with Gaea comes in." He finished, waiting for a response from the two leaders in front of him.

Reyna looked to be processing his words. Annabeth on the other hand, was frustrated.
"I don't have time for this!" She exclaimed, surprising Reyna and Perseus. "I have to get to Alaska! I have a quest to complete!" Annabeth was feeling so caged and helpless. The stupid prophecy is tearing her apart.

Child of Wisdom shall travel alone; no one else can come. Reaching the land beyond the gods; Alaska. In search of the one who helped in the first war; The one of from the legend. The lost legend shall be found; Annabeth will be find him. Beware Child of Wisdom; talking about Annabeth. For he shall be your downfall; Annabeth didn't want to think about the meaning behind that is.

"Annabeth?" Reyna stared at her in concern. Annabeth figured she had zoned out for a little, causing Reyna to call her name numerous times.

Annabeth took a glance at Perseus to see him looking away. "Sorry." She closed her eyes, rubbing them in exhaustion. "I was just thinking about the prophecy I was given."
"You have a prophecy?"
Annabeth nodded. "I was sent to find someone that will save us." She stared at Perseus, who still wasn't looking at either of them. "I think he's going to help stop Gaea."

Perseus chose that moment to talk. "Whoever 'he' is, won't help the situation. The giants will rise to aid Gaea, the only way to defeat a giant is a god and demigod working together."
"You make it sound like you were there in the first war with Gaea." Annabeth crossed her arms over her chest, feeling really annoyed that he wasn't telling you who he was.

He didn't respond.

"Are you working for Gaea? Is that why you-"
"No!" Perseus exclaimed in frustration. "Look, I know you don't trust me Annabeth, but believe me when I tell you...your quest will get you killed."
"What do you know?" Annabeth yelled.

Reyna stepped in between Annabeth and Perseus. "Enough!" She spoke to Annabeth next. "I have a way to show you he isn't lying."

The doors opened, and two metallic dogs walked into the room. "This is Aurum and Argentum. They can tell when someone is lying. You can tell if Perseus is lying, they will growl and might attack him."

"Fine. Talk." Annabeth demanded.

Perseus briefly smiled. "Gaea is rising and I'm not helping her. I'm here to help the demigods and gods."

Nothing happened.

"He's not lying, Annabeth." Reyna commented in the silence.
Annabeth sighed. "Fine. You're not lying. I still need to finish my quest. I'll help with the fight against Gaea by completing my quest. That has to help. Camp Half-Blood is already working on our side and Olympus."

Reyna nodded. "And I will get the legion ready." She moved towards Perseus. "I will also tell Jason about all of this."
He only stared at her for a moment. "If you wish. I need to get going." He walked to the door before stopping. "And Annabeth...don't say I didn't warn you. You only have so much time left." He left without another word.

Annabeth blinked. "Is he always like that?" She asked.
"Yes."
"I don't ever want to see him again."
"He's good at knowing what to do. He proved that much."

Annabeth didn't know what that meant. It sounded personal so she didn't ask.

"You should get going. I'll have Frank and Hazel help prepare you for your trip." Reyna left, not leaving any room for disagreement from Annabeth.

I really wish that I could update more frequently (and finish this book to reveal the whole plot of it), but I am busy with quite a few things. After about twelve years in the making, the first book idea I had is finally being written and going to be available (hopefully) in early January. That being said, I don't think I will be able to continue writing this or any of my other fanfics until after I am finished with that.

On the other hand, starting in January, I am planning to go back to college. I want to take an online English course, because a past professor told me I would excel in it, though it comes with a lot of work. The thing is I will be writing for the course. I don't want to sound bratty and complain about how much I will be writing, it's just I don't want writing to be my only career. And, no offense to those authors who live off of their books, but I have a passion for something else. I want to enroll in a Vet Tech program, I want to work with animals.

It was always a dream of mine and always will be. The thing about the program is that it will be going full time for two years. On top of everything, I don't expect to be active on here too much, I do love writing fanfiction, and I don't plan on stopping forever now that my career path is clear to me and my book series is being published. I will be back, maybe not now, but it won't be forever. I will always be around.

Thank you for the support.
I hope you understand and who knows, maybe I will finally finish this book before I start my classes. There's just no way of knowing.

Until next time,

~MsPenguingirl1234.

Published: October 30, 2017.