Chapter Twelve

As soon as Clarke and Bellamy exited the bathroom, Raven was there, gently embracing Clarke.

When Raven pulled back, she was tearful. "Holy shit," she whispered. "You're awake!"

"Yes, I am," Clarke giggled.

John wrapped his arms Clarke next, breathing deeply against her. She squeezed him in return, cursing herself for starting to cry.

"You look amazing," John smiled. "You got your cast off?"

Bellamy wrapped his arm back around Clarke's waist, leading her to sit on the bed. "Yeah, I got it off this morning. Everything's pretty much healed, but I'll have these screws in my collar for at least two years, most likely forever though."

"Well, I think we're both biting our nails in anticipation," Raven started. "When can you go home?"

"Actually, I can go in a few days. Sunday," Clarke smiled, happily. Her smile dropped. She turned to Bellamy. "Wait, are you starting college next month? Are all of us starting college?"

Bellamy rubbed his hand on her back. "Raven and John are," he told her. "You and I would be, but under these circumstances, we will just reapply when you get your memories back, Princess."

"No, but you shouldn't give up your dreams because I'm an idiot and can't see a train!"

"Clarke," Bellamy warned. "I am not giving up on my dream, and neither are you! I'm not leaving your side."

Clarke wiped her wet cheeks. "Then you will do online for the first semester, and then we'll move to an apartment together and you'll be in classes. And I will, too. Surely I didn't forget school things? I can take some practice tests."

"We can discuss this all later," Bellamy assured her. "Now, John and Raven have a few weeks left to spend with us before they ship off. What do you say we all hang out when you get released?"

"Yeah, we should all have a movie day or something," John suggested.

Clarke smiled into John's stormy, blue eyes. Other than Bellamy, Raven was Clarke's best friend, and John a very close second. She was ripped away from them all for two years, and now she couldn't even remember the last year she actually had with them. They'd be going off to college and she would be the girl who drove in front of a train. The girl with fucking brain damage.

She forced herself to smile. "Yes, of course. My place. We'll pig out and watch a ton of bad movies together. I'll want to see you two as much as I can before you ship off."

Raven rubbed her hand, her dark eyes intense. "Can we go for a walk?"

Bellamy stood up, his tense shoulders trying to rip his shirt. "She walked a lot this morning, so she should ride in a chair." At Clarke's daggers, he kissed her. "If she over does it, she stays in longer. Her muscles need to be used and be healthy, but there is a such thing as too much. She only just woke up yesterday."

A nurse came in with a chair, instructing that Clarke not push herself. She nodded, knowing that Bellamy was right. She wanted out of this place, so she would take it easy.

"My mom will be here in a little bit," Bellamy announced.

Raven pat his shoulder. "We're just going for a quick walk. We will be back in time," she assured him.

Clarke and Raven were both silent as Raven navigated their way through the halls. On the elevator, Raven had to be pressed close to the chair, but she didn't seem to mind. When they finally made it through the double doors, Clarke took in a deep breath of the hot air.

Raven pushed her over to a bench that was shaded by the trees. The breeze blew Clarke's blonde waves around her face as she rubbed her sock clad foot across the grass.

"How are you, really?" Raven demanded, softly. "Bellamy can't hear us."

Clarke smiled softly, meeting Raven's eyes. "Honestly? I have a headache, but it's fading. That shower was probably the best one I've ever had. And this breeze is nice," she sighed, closing her eyes.

"Bellamy didn't tell me much. How much do you remember?"

Clarke almost rolled her eyes, but she didn't. She was tired of having to talk about this, but it was a big piece of her life now.

"I remembered a few things, once he started talking about them. Like, when he found me passed out by dad's grave last year. When he was telling me about his proposal, I couldn't see it, but I made him tell me again this morning, and I could remember small pieces."

"Do you remember the wreck?" She questioned.

Clarke swallowed, her throat seeming to close off. "I remember a little bit of it. I was talking to Bellamy on my phone, and then I just remember this loud sound. I know I flipped over, I can remember that. I think," she stopped herself.

"Clarke. Talk to me," Raven insisted.

"I think I could hear him screaming. A lot," Clarke gulped. "When the paramedics I think were loading me into the ambulance." Clarke subconsciously rubbed her arms that were covered in goosebumps at the haunting memory. "His voice was so scared. He was, I don't know, desperate I guess. I remember him screaming my name over and over, he was begging for them to talk to him."

Raven held Clarke's pale hand. "I wasn't at the scene, but Abby told me a little. He was crazed," Raven admitted. "When we got here, he was soaked from standing in the rain at the scene. His hair was like a wild man, he not brushing it back and it dried all crazy," she said, her eyes distant. "His eyes were big, red from the tears. He didn't hear us. It was like he didn't actually see us there. He was pacing, he was mumbling, he was honestly not Bellamy. He was terrified, Clarke. We all were."

Clarke now rubbed Raven's hand softly, in apology and comfort.

"I've never seen that before, and I don't want to ever see it again. You know him. So put together, confident, cocky," she rolled her eyes. "This was a man, terrified to lose the love of his life."

Clarke absent mindedly rubbed her chest, wanting to claw her way into her chest and tug out her breaking heart.

"I had a nightmare," Clarke shared. "I woke up, screaming his name."

"Bellamy?"

Clarke nodded. "I had a nightmare that he got shot." Clarke watched Raven's face change, knowing that it was not just a dream. "When I woke up, he told me it was real," she assured her friend. "He showed me his scar, and I was just hit with this dread, Rave. I saw it all. I saw him lying open on that table, my mom's hand in his chest. Turns out I saw it twice, now."

Raven stood up from the black bench and looked down at Clarke. "It's going to get better," she promised. "I've got to take you back to Bellamy before he hunts me down," she smiled, but she was serious. Bellamy would defintely come looking for them.