Chapter Nine

Ayla.

Waking up was hard, I only had a minimal amount of sleep because I was watching Suits. Its like when the episode ends with a cliffhanger my mind says 'I don't need sleep, I need answers!' That's my downfall because right now, getting out of bed was torture. Going downstairs I put the heaters on because it was seven degrees. My hate for the cold will never diminish, my nose and ears keep going red and my eyes always water when I'm out. I made myself hot chocolate and quickly made breakfast me and my parents. I loved making them breakfast, mum always told me she could do it but I liked doing things for my parents. They always take care of me and I love returning that care back.

They come downstairs and mum looks unwell. "Mum are you okay?" I ask in worry, she was pale and looked weak.

"Yes baby just a stomach bug." She says and I rush to the medicine cabinet to get lemsip and paracetamol. "Mama take them." I say and dad rubs her back. She nods while opening the lemsip and drinking the required amount. Swallowing the pills she continues to eat her breakfast but before I go up to get ready I make sure she's okay. Considering it was cold I wore a knitted co-ord and layered with a fleece lined trench coat. I finish getting ready and check my timetable. Thankfully I only had two lessons- Child development (CD) and Business. After lessons I would come home and take care of mum, I had CD first lesson and Business second. I mentally squealed knowing I could come home and claim those hours of sleep I missed. Fortunately I had CD with Bri so I was going to see her after 3 days, it felt like a lifetime. I missed her so much.

I moisturise my hands before putting my ankle socks and shoes on. Grabbing my bag and phone I head downstairs to hear gagging. Running to the hallway where the toilet was I see my mum bent over vomiting into the toilet, Dad holding her hair and caressing her back.

"Mummy." I say, she hadn't been sick like this. Mum was always healthy, she only got sick once a year and that was usually because I caught something and passed it on. I look up at dad and raise my brows in distress. "Dad should I stay home?" I asked and quickly got a glass of water from the kitchen. Mum lifted her head and sat up. Passing her the water she sips slowly. "No princess its fine I will. I have a meeting in the afternoon but I'll cancel it." He answers and I shake my head. "I have lesson one and two, leave the house around eleven and I'll be home by eleven- forty five latest." I say and he nods slowly. We help mum up and dad takes her into the lounge.

I go to the fridge and take out the sandwiches I made to put into my bag. I already had some chocolate and candy in there leftover from yesterday. I guess you could say I'm a mum to my friends, I make sure James and Bri have some form of sugar throughout the day to keep them energised. "Mama, I'm leaving! See you soon." I say and rush out to make my way to Bri's. I stop at a small cafe and buy a warm croissant and coffee. It was amazing so I reminded myself to get mum some when I came back. I pick up Bri not long after and we travel to campus.

I make small talk with Bri and mention James. "He told me my smile was beautiful." I say to which she smiled. "I may be wrong but I think James likes you." She says and my eyes widen. I never really had guys like me, I don't think there was anything wrong with me but I wasn't social enough to get along with guys for them to have a thing for me.

"That's impossible." I said, she scoffed rolling her eyes in the process. "Ayla, you're stunning, fucking hot as hell and you've got an amazing personality why the hell would he not like you." She says and I blush, shrugging. Bri's words made me think, although it would be nice for James to like me, I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had.

Signing in we go to our willow tree but it starts to rain. Although I loved the rain it was icy cold and my nose was as red as Rudolph's. So we got up and went inside to the dining hall, it was the warmest room in the building and always smelt like bread.