Chapter 1

Chapter 1

‘Okay, you can stop here Justin. Thanks for the ride!’

We had arrived in front of the Baker’s apartment. I kissed my brother goodbye and reminded him to fetch me at 3 pm the next day.

It’s the 3rd Friday of the month, where the girls and I always have our monthly sleepover. I wave a goodbye at my brother and waited till his red convertible was out of view. I skipped merrily to the Baker’s front door and rang the doorbell. 

‘Hi Marsha, come on in. The girls are all here, upstairs in Zoe’s room.’ Karen, otherwise known as Mrs. Baker or Zoe’s mom, ushered me in. I thanked her and ran up the stairs to Zoe’s room.

‘The Queen has arriveeeeeeeeeeeed’ I sing, pushing open Zoe’s door.

‘Hah, more like the queen bitch’ Zoe said from the floor

“Nice one” Rose said, receiving a high-five from Zoe.

I rolled my eyes at them and scan the room. Robin was propped on the beanbag at the corner of the room, busy with her phone, Tany is sitting on Zoe’s computer chair, strumming a few strings on her precious guitar and Rose was sitting on Zoe’s bed, braiding Zoe’s hair. Everyone already clad in their pj’s.

‘Guyssssss, are we really gonna sit around doing nothing now that im here? Come on! Lets do something fun!’ I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows at them.

They all look at one another and continued with what they were doing. I rolled my eyes and throw my purple duffel bag at the pile of colorful duffel bags. I stomped to Robin and snatch her phone. I do the same with Tany’s guitar, putting my new collected items on Zoe’s desk. I look at Rose and Zoe and gave them my signature stern look.

‘alright, alright! Lets do something before Marsha pulls out my hair’ Zoe sighed, raising up her hand, surrendering.

I clap my hands happily and sit down on Zoe’s blue carpet, leaning on her bed frame. The girls join me on the carpet, creating a circle.

‘Whats up with you and the floor?’ Robin shoots to me. I laughed and just shrug my shoulders.

‘Guys, its time for some dares!’ Rose exclaimed, flapping her hand, excited with her idea.

The rest of us groaned.

‘No way man! The last time we played that game, you made me eat peanut butter! And you know I hate it!’ Tany said, making a face at her last statement. Rose knows that Tany hates PB but she made her do it. Those who refused to do her dare are forced to sleep in Zoe’s balcony. Zoe’s balcony is dark and scary, and no dares to sleep outside, even Zoe herself.

‘Yeah! And you made me kiss your cat, when im freaking allergic to cats!’ Robin exclaimed slapping Rose’s arm hard, but playfully.

We couldn’t help but laugh at Robin, remembering the incident. After Robin kissed Lulu, Zoe’s cat, she woke up with rashes all over her body. When her parents brought her to the doctors’, she found out that she is allergic to cats.

‘Hey, that’s not fair! We came to know about it AFTER your doctor’s report!’ Rose protested, emphasizing on the word ‘after’. Even so, all of us are laughing, except Zoe. I noticed that she is quiet ever since I came, well, after her remark about me being the bitch queen of course.

‘Hey Zoe, whats up? Thinking about your previous dare?’ I asked Zoe, who immediately turn slightly red. Her dare was that she had to make a call to Flynn Bayson, the guy whom she has a massive crush on.

‘Remembering Flynny’s sweet voice?’ Rose asked, winking.

‘Oh shut up you guys!’ Zoe throws her ball-shaped pillow at Rose, blushing harder.

Robin, Tany and I just laugh at our friend’s mini pillow fight, with Rose returning Zoe’s attack.

‘Ok ok stop guys! But im serious, what were you thinking of that got you all quiet?’ I stop the fight that has, so far, led to Rose lying on the floor, Zoe on top of her, beating her with her pillow. Zoe is only quiet when she is thinking about something.

‘Oh. That. Well, I’ve been thinking about that dark blue soccer boots that’s the Royal Sporting house is selling. Too bad I don’t have enough cash, since my parents does not know about my participation in the girls soccer team.’ Zoe explains, sighing at her problem.

‘I feel you babe. I’ve been wanting that Dr. Martins shoes that has been calling me since they appeared in the market.’ Rose sighs dramatically, nodding and patting Zoe’s back, both pretending to sob at their ‘losses’.

That was when I came up with a fantabulous idea that involves earning money and also……. kids!!!!

*********************************************************************

Author’s message:

Hey guyssss! This is my first book and im hoping that it wasn’t too bad! Anyways, this story is located in Singapore, a sunny tropical island. It’s a little red dot on the worlds map. Hehe :b Wait up for the 2nd chapter, which will be posted up soon, I hope!

Teaser: What is Marsha’s big idea? Kids? Hmmmmmmmm