Chapter 3

Chapter 3

2 days after we launched our services, we got our very first customer. Mrs. Bayson. She called our hotline, informing me that she needed a babysitter for her pair of twins, Taylor and Elliot, on Monday. I jotted down whatever necessary information on a piece of paper. Robin then jotted it down in our record book, which was a thick black book with a picture of a silver feather in front.

I mass text the girls, informing them about the big news. Within 30 minutes, all of them are gathered at my room. I am seated in my favorite purple beanbag. Rose and Tany are plopped down comfortably at my bed. Zoe is seated on the floor and Robin is on my computer chair.

‘Alright, Mrs. Bayson called me just now. She needs a sitter or two to take care of Taylor and Elliot. You guys should know who they are right?’ I ask them, who all nodded.

‘Where, when and how much?’ Zoe asked, straight to the point. Weird.

‘Tomorrow night, 7pm. At her place. Duh. Oh, and she’s willing to pay us $5 an hour. She has to attend to a very important meeting and needed a sitter urgently. So I said, why not. We have a business running.’ I said, answering all of Zoe’s question.

‘So who’s gonna do it? I have art class tomorrow night. A famous artist is coming. Not gonna miss it, sorry.’ Robin look around, searching for answer.

‘Oh oh oh oh, famous artist? Is it Leonardo DeCaprio? Van Gogh?’ Rose ask, full of anticipation.

All of us look at her in disbelief.

‘What?’ She ask when she finally realize we’re looking at her.

‘Its Leonardo Da Vinci dear. And Van Gogh and Leonardo are both dead. See, even I know it and i don't even like art.’ Zoe answered, shaking her head.

‘Anywho, who else is available?’ Robin asked and we all snap our attention to her. All of a sudden, all of them look at me.

 Zoe seemed to want to say something. But she held it back.

Ignoring it, i sighed.‘Fine, since im the president, I shall pronounce the opening of our services alright.’

They start clapping and I slouch back in my bean bag, sighing. I was fine with the plan. I actually REALLY love kids. Its just that, Taylor and Elliot were the most mischievous bunch of kids known to any species. 

*

I walk towards the Bayson’s apartment, looking at my watch. I still have 10 more minutes till 7.30pm, I thought to myself, glancing at my watch. I am wearing an I <3 LA shirt with black jeans. The name Bayson seemed very, very familiar. But it didn't ring a bell at all.

I ring the doorbell to the Bayson's apartment. A few minutes later, Mrs. Bayson appears at the door, dressed in a tight black dress, her hair tied into a neat, ballerina bun. Mrs. Bayson looked very formal indeed.