Chapter 1: School's out.

“Hey remember we meet at the beach next weekend so I can finally say goodbye before we move on to Thailand.” Harry said after they were down the stairs of Danville High School.

“Sure, I won't. Promise. I'll miss you though.” Bart hugged his friend tight.

“I'll  miss you too. Don't worry we'll Skype everyday. And maybe I can still get to know if you put some balls on and walk up to Kira and ask her out.” Harry chuckled dropping his skate board on the sidewalk by him.

“Yeah, I'll keep trying.” Bart sighed and he waved at Harry skating away unsteady on the sidewalk.

The warm feel of summer air breezed through the front of Bart's hair. His hair was getting sweaty now. He sighed and pulled off the beanie on his head.
“Cmon little bro, let's go.” Cassie called already set by the driveway in the convertible Bart's stepfather bought for her.

Bart nodded and trudged to the pink flashy ride still taking a last look at the direction which Harry skated away.

“What's on your mind?” she asked and drove the car slowly. She was still learning and she just got her license a month ago.

“Nothing. Just tired.” Bart said with a sigh and he pulled off his jacket leaving his hoodie on. 

“Tired? Cmon Bart, its summer. You should be all smiles and laughs. Not all doom and gloomy.” Cassie stopped in front of the red light.

He said nothing. Just sat there in the passengers seat thinking of what life would be like without Harry in summer break.
Harry was his only friend since Freshman year since the other kids just saw him as conservative and the boring type.

They became friends after Chad the bully from freshman year had publicly bullied both of them in the hallway for wearing superman's fan T-shirt. He called it ridiculous and shoved them both to the ground and any time they tried to stand back his two fat friends would push them back and sit on them and the students watching in the hallway would laugh. It went on for a minute or two till the principal saw a laughing crowd and decided to engage the crowd only to find the jesters and clowns of the show in the center.

“Chad Butler come with me,” he said and Chad and his fat friends walked behind the principal to detention.

“Butler?” Harry chuckled.
“I know right. No wonder he's a jerk.” Bart hissed as he dusted his fan T-shirt. 

“I bet you 50 bucks that his dad is a butler.” Harry sneered.
“No I bet you a hundred bucks that his whole family are butlers.” Bart laughed.
“Chad the butler!” Harry glowed in a way that a presenter would present the president in a fundraiser.
“Am Bart. Trent” Bart held out a hand shake.
“Harry Wells. Bump it.” Harry held out a fist and Bart switched to fist bumping. They bumped it and you could hear Harry's swooshing sound from the east hallway though they we're in the west.

“Hey have got to stop at Dips, got some errand to run, you coming.” Cassie asked bringing Bart's vision to see that they were three buildings from Dips choc litte shoppe instead of the bright west hallway with two freshman kids squabble as they walked.

“Nah I'll stay in the car. It won't take long right?” Bart asked pulling out his phone from the hoodie pocket.

“Sure won't. I'll grab burger too. You want one?” Cassie parked into the only available space in front of Dips.

“Yeah. Thanks.” he scrolled through his social media contact page and stopped right in front of Kira's name. He clicked her page and he read the chat which was based with hey, hi, how you doing, am fine, am doing great. He never had the courage to talk with Kira even through a phone screen.