five.

"Look how cool this bus is!" Mitch squeals excitedly, jumping up and down.

"I... I don't know. It seems a little too fancy for my taste," Scott bites his lip as he looks around.

"Too fancy?" Mitch asks, his jumping stops and he looks over at Scott. "Have you seen my house?"

"I've seen your houses," Scott corrects him. "Yes. But... for a tour bus?"

"We're going to be on the road for two weeks," Mitch tells him. "We should be comfortable."

"I guess I'm just not used to all this fancy stuff yet," Scott says.

Mitch walks over to him and kisses him once. "Well, you should get used to it. I know you didn't exactly grow up being rich but now you have money. You don't have to worry about that anymore."

"Mitch, I didn't grow up being rich at all. My parents-"

"I know, I know. I didn't use the right choice of words. I'm sorry. I'm just saying," Mitch says.

"Will this bus fit everybody?" Scott asks curiously. "Like, we won't be cramped together?"

"It'll be big enough. We won't have as many people this tour since it's a small one," Mitch assures him.

"Okay. It is pretty nice," Scott says. "And, did you see that mini fridge downstairs? That was so cool!"

Mitch chuckles. "Let's go see what everybody else is doing, okay?"

"Okay!" Scott takes Mitch's hand and follows him back downstairs.

"Scott, can you believe this?" Kirstie shouts excitedly as she runs over to him. "I've never been in something so fancy before. Besides Mitch's house, of course. But like, whoa. This bus is crazy. This is such a step up from what we were used to back in Texas."

Scott smiles as he watches Kirstie. They never had anything nice in Texas so he's glad that she gets to experience this, and he's glad that he gets to experience this with her.

"Watcha thinkin' about, Scotty?" Mitch asks, shaking Scott out of his thoughts.

"Sorry. Yeah... just thinking about the old days in Texas, and how I'm glad to be out of there," Scott says.

"I'm glad you're out of there too. Texas doesn't deserve you," Mitch smiles.

Scott can't help the blush on his face. "You're too sweet to me,"

"Because you deserve it," Mitch says before reaching up and kissing Scott's cheek.

Scott is really starting to get nervous about touring. They're going on tour in like a week. He hasn't performed in a long time meanwhile Mitch is a pro at performing. He's performed thousands of times.

"I want to rehearse as much as possible," Scott tells Mitch once they get home.

"We have a week left. There's plenty of time to perform," Mitch raises his eyebrows as he looks over at Scott.

"No, Mitch. I haven't performed in ages. You may be a pro at this by now but I'm certainly not. I want at least two days of rehearsals. I want to make sure I'm able to perform these songs. Some of these songs are really fucking hard. I don't want to go on stage the first night and realize that I can't perform. I mean... people are paying to see a show so I wanna give them a show. I'm sorry. I'm just... really fucking nervous," Scott takes a deep breath. "I want to make sure this tour is right this time."

"No, you're right-" Mitch nods. "I'll make sure we start rehearsal two days prior."

"Thank you," Scott kisses Mitch's cheek. "I want to be as good as you are one day."

"And I'll make sure that happens. I mean, you already are really good on stage anyways but I can understand why you're nervous. It has been a long time since you've performed," Mitch agrees.

"Yeah," Scott breathes. "And... we're gonna have good security, right? Like... for meet-and-greets?"

"Don't worry about that. I, personally, am making sure we have the best security for meet-and-greets," Mitch says. "Stop worrying. This isn't my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing."

"I'm not questioning you. I'm just-"

Mitch reaches up and kisses Scott a few times. "Shh," he giggles as he pulls away.

Scott rolls his eyes playfully and looks over at Mitch with a fond smile. "I hate you," he says.

Mitch laughs. "You could never hate me!" He pokes Scott gently once and then walks out of the kitchen.

"Hey!" Scott laughs and chases after him. He runs up behind Mitch and wraps his arms around him, spinning him around. Mitch let's out a scream which makes Scott laugh.

"Don't tickle me!" Mitch shouts as he tries to get out of Scott's hold.

"Well, I wasn't planning on to but now that you mention it..." He goes to tickle Mitch but Mitch quickly slips out of Scott's grip and runs up the stairs, giggling. "Hey!" Scott laughs and runs after him. Scott wishes this is the first time they've done something like this, but unfortunately, it's a reoccurring thing. But, he loves it. He and Mitch are always so busy and never have any time to have fun with each other so it's quite fun to act like children every once in awhile. Besides, tickling Mitch is Scott's favorite thing to do.

"You're not gonna get me!" Mitch yells as he runs down the hallway.

"I'm right behind you, mister!" Scott laughs, and then he let's out a yelp when he trips over his own feet and falls to the ground harshly, making a loud thud.

Mitch makes it to their bedroom and looks behind him, but frowns when he doesn't see Scott anywhere. "Scott?" He calls. "I'm not falling for that trick! I know you're hiding behind the wall!"

"Mitchy, I need help!" Scott cries. "I can't get up-"

"What do you mean?" Mitch asks as he starts walking back down the hallway again. He turns the corner from where he just came from and gasps when he sees Scott on the ground, tears down his face. "Oh God-" He runs over to Scott and sits down beside him. "What happened?"

"I-I was just running and I-I tripped over my own feet!"

"Do you hurt anywhere?" Mitch asks, panicking.

"My ankle. I think I broke it..." Scott whimpers. "Mitchy, what do we do?"

"I'm gonna get you to the hospital, okay? Can you stand up?" Mitch asks nervously.

"I... I can try. It really hurts," Scott sniffs and pushes himself up.

"It's okay. I'm gonna help you," Mitch says. He wraps his arms around Scott and tries to help him up.

"No, no, no! I can't do it!" Scott cries and sits back down on the floor. "It hurts!"

"I'm calling an ambulance!"

"No! Just call someone to help me get to the hospital! There's no way I can walk down the stairs,"

Mitch ends up calling one of his bodyguards, Kevin, and he helps get Scott to the hospital.

"Thanks for helping Scott," Mitch says as he sits with Kevin in the living room.

"It's okay. Scott is part of our family now. I'd hate to see him be in any pain," Kevin assures.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" Mitch asks nervously, looking over at Kevin.

"I think he sprained his ankle," Kevin sighs. "He'll probably not be able to do that tour anymore."

Mitch groans. "He was getting so excited about touring again. What am I going to tell him?"

"Hey, I'm just telling you what I think. It might not be true. Let's just hope for the best," Kevin reaches over and wraps an arm around Mitch to comfort him. "He'll need you now more than ever. Just be there for him."

Mitch takes a deep breath and slowly nods. "You're right," he whispers. "I just have to be there for him."